You would then start at the warm-up section where you can learn the basics and will give you simple paddle commands so that you know what to do and you will be able to survive and have a good time. After that, you will have 6 miles of wonderful sections that really put your skills to the test and put a smile on your face as you navigate some of the most fun waters you have ever imagined.
This is going to be something special for you and you will get to take a break and have a nice lunch before going back and really enjoying yourself even more while you are on the water and having fun.
Your half-day trip will meet at River Park Resort in Lotus at 1pm. Please arrive dressed in your river attire (shorts, swimsuit, t-shirt and sandals). It's recommended that you eat prior to checking in. Your guide will inform you of what to bring on the trip and will fit you in your life jacket and other river gear. Then a safety talk is given and paddle instruction will be demonstrated so first-timers will feel comfortable prior to launch.
This trip starts with a nice warm-up section so your guide can rehearse the simple paddle commands that will be given throughout the day. Then you will run through the famous Lower Gorge whitewater section of the South Fork American River, regarded by many as the best rafting in the west. Big waves and long continuous rapids will surely get you soaking wet for the time of your life! The 6-mile gorge section takes up most of the afternoon and you will arrive to the Folsom Lake take-out after the trip. To the end the afternoon, you will be bused back to your cars at River Park resort. Souvenirs, photos, snacks and beverages are available for purchase after we arrive. You may also use the hot showers and flush toilets, which are available to guests prior to departure.
Pickup & Return:
Lotus, a 1-hour drive from Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 1pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Professional guide
- River equipment
- Transport at river
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Availability for trips cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund