The historical tour of Sacramento starts in a central location, and it helps you learn how this city was built. Sacramento was not always meant to be the state capitol, but it grew up around the capitol when the state moved its legislature. You will see old markets and hotels that have been around for centuries, and you should use the tour as a way to learn about the city proper.
You might stay in the middle of the city so that you can walk to the tour location, meet the guide, and ask questions about things you have seen while you were around town. Learn what the city was like long ago, see how it is modernizing, and pick out the places that you would like to see after the tour is over.
The tour has their map and tickets online, and you must use the tour as a way of introducing yourself to the city. Your kids will enjoy it, and everyone who is on the tour gets good pictures.
The Sacramento historical tour gives you a glimpse of how this city was put together when it became the capitol and largest outpost in Northern California.
Downtown Sacramento is experiencing a 21st century renaissance! Tour guests will be guided down Sacramento's original main street while learning about the area's rich history and architecture, from the mid-1800's through today.
Discover first-hand why Sacramento is called the America's Farm-to-Fork Capital, as you taste renowned cuisine from eclectic menus boasting locally sourced ingredients.
Though subject to change, typical tastings on the tour include:
- Heirloom tomato and provolone with spinach pesto on sweet ciabatta roll
- Wine and cheese pairings from local venues
- Fresh corn tortillas filled with Oaxaca cheese, roasted poblano peppers and sautéed onions
- Roasted Creamy Poblano Soup with Creme Fraiche
- Locally sourced kale and apple salad with walnuts
- House Mocktail with Fresh Watermelon, Cucumber, and Taji Chile
- Dark Chocolate with chilis and mangos
Pickup & Return:
Hyatt Regency Hotel, Sacramento, CA.
Your walking food tour route will end approximately 2 blocks from your starting location address.
Departure Times: 1:30pm. Please check in 10 minutes prior at designated meeting location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund