Richmond's Historic Landmark Trolley Tour
Discover all of the Richmond, Virginia historic landmarks along the James River surrounded by intricate, large architectural buildings with an informative, 2-hour trolley ride with a friendly, local tour guide sharing, interesting facts and intriguing stories. Ride in the style with cushioned seats arranged to face one another for a more social experience and refreshing air conditioning.
- Designed by 3rd President of the United States and one of the major Founding Fathers signing the revered Declaration of Independence
- On August 18, 1785,a cornerstone laid by another Founding Father and Governor of Virginia, Patrick Henry
- Lined with many statues erected in remembrance of Civil War Hero's; such as Robert E. Lee, dating back to the 1890s
- Grand-scale mansions surround the area
St. John's Church
- Located on Church Hill and Built in 1741
- The acclaimed site of Patrick Henry's speech, 'Give me Liberty'
- Magnificent views
- Said to inspired the fantastic name of the city, Richmond
- The first museum in Richmond
- Dating back to 1898
The Museum District
- Location of several museums; such as, the History and Art
- Surrounded by enormous, lovely residences
Time and Location
This wonderful tour occurs in all types of weather, for your comfort, dress appropriately.
- Meet at either the Segway of Richmond Office OR the Richmond Visitors Center (Check ticket for exact location)
- Tour Duration is 2-hours
- Weekdays - 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Weekends - 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
You'll have the best time exploring the Richmond, Virginia area for a convenient, fun-filled trolley ride. With the most knowledgeable, witty drivers and guides sharing funny antidotes mixed in with a wealth of historical insight, this is an excellent choice. Come away with a new appreciation of the South's history. You'll want to bring your camera along for the ride, too!
On this 2-hour historic trolley tour you will see the sights and learn about Richmond's landmarks, riverfront, architecture and history. We offer tours aboard our classic air conditioned trolley with cushioned seats, intricate seat frameworks, and social rather than traditional bus seating. Our comfortable trolley will take you to many of the most historic and popular landmarks in the city, with both a driver and guide who combine the rich history of Richmond with great stories, humor and wit. Some of the sites you will see and hear about are the State Capitol, Monument Avenue, St. John's Church, Libby Hill, the Valentine, the White House and the Museum of the Confederacy, the museum district, and many more! Sit back, relax and enjoy the best Richmond has to offer!
Pickup & Return:
Segway of Richmond Office OR Richmond Visitors Center.
Departure Times: Weekday - 10:30am,
Weekend - 11:00am, 2:00pm
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is casual