Richmond's City Center Bike Tour
Going for an invigorating 3-hour bike tour through the extremely historic downtown Richmond, Virginia area offers a stunning scenic adventure, especially by joining in with a small group to keep you company and tour guide to lead the way with the knowledge to share interesting facts about all the interesting landmark attractions with the bonus of a light snack stop and refreshing bottle of water included, as well as, a bike, helmet, and infant/child seat (upon request).
Attractions and Landmarks
Not only does the bike path take riders in the small group tour pass all the fantastic areas, participates receive discount coupons to return later and go inside some of them.
- Capitol Square – featuring not only the historic Capital, but also a bell tower dating back to 1824, the Governor's Mansion built in 1813, with numerous statues, including President George Washington on a horse, erected back in 1858
- Jackson Ward's – rich in African American history and the home to the acclaimed Maggie L. Walker, the first African American president of a bank
- Fan and Monument Avenue – lined with exquisite old mansion estates and impressive statues honoring Civil War Heroes and other legends making their mark on the City of Richmond through the years
- The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) - showcasing exhibits that are world renowned from modern to ancient displays, houses in a new, modern facility
- James River – beautiful flowing water with both new and old bridges connecting to Belle Island with huge boulders peaking above the waves
- Sugar and Twine Bakery - located in the quaint Cary Town area with its specialty boutiques, this is where the tour stops for a tasty snack refreshment (included in tour price)
Time and Location
Plan to arrive 15 minutes early in order to avoid being late. Present either a printed copy of the ticket in a paper format or simply use the image received through the text message to gain entrance.
Choose to take a thrilling bike ride the lovely morning hours or the wonderful afternoon
- 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 pm
- Meet up is two blocks away from the beautiful Quirk Hotel in the stunning Downtown Art District.
- Children must be with an adult for supervision
Exploring the sites of museums, statues, mansions, rivers, specialty shops and dining in a charming bakery café are a delightful way to spend a morning or afternoon traveling along on a bike throughout the City of Richmond, Virginia with no need to worry about a bike or helmet (it's all included). Imagine all the photo's to snap and stories of history learned from a friendly tour guide and the friends you'll make along the journey!
Come join us as we explore Richmond's city center. From the graceful lines of the Capitol square, and Jackson Ward's fascinating history to houses of the Fan and Monument Avenue, to the exuberance of the VMFA, we sample the best of the city center on our 3 hour tour.
Includes a snack stop at Sugar and Twine Bakery that is included in the tour price. Tour includes a beautiful view of the River, and highlights the best and most interesting architecture and history that Richmond has to offer! There is not better way to experience Richmond than on a bike with us!
Pickup & Return:
Downtown Arts District 2 blocks from the Quirk Hotel.
Departure Times: Morning 10:00 am & Afternoon 2:00 pm
- Bottled water
- One Food Stop
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking