Private Narrated Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine Aboard a Vintage Fire Engine
Operated by the Portland Fire Engine Co. in Portland, Maine, you'll climb aboard a vintage fire engine and explore the town of Portland, Main. You'll be treated to quaint cobble stone streets, breathtaking architecture, as well as historic forts and lighthouses. You'll learn the rich history of the area with a unique vantage point from the top of the fire engine, especially of the beautiful Casco Bay. The tour lasts just under 1 hour and offers a comprehensive narration from a knowledgeable guide. Along with the view from your ride, you'll be treated to high resolution photographs that have been provided by the local historical society.
This tour time varies. It is within walking distance of the port in the area as it picks up and returns to Commercial Street. Either paper or electronic tickets are allowed for this activity. This tour includes a professional driver. Transportation is included on this tour. Food and drinks are not included. Gratuities are not included in the tour price but are suggested. This is not a wheelchair accessible tour.
Take a tour of the hidden gems located in Portland, Main with unique transportation with the Private Narrated Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine Aboard a Vintage Fire Engine.
Portland Fire Engine Co. operates a unique narrated sightseeing tour of Portland, Maine aboard a Vintage Fire Engine. We explore the peninsula of Portland and its many lighthouses and forts as well as the amazing architectural buildings hidden inside the cobble stoned streets that make up our wonderful city. The tour is a great way of reliving Portland's past. Viewing the area while high up on the Fire Engine gives amazing views of Casco Bay as well as fantastic opportunities for photographs.
This private tour is approximately 50 minutes in length and are fully narrated by a very knowledgeable guide while displaying high resolution photographs from the Maine Historical Society via our on-board multimedia system, which includes a large flat LED TV.
Pickup & Return:
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Private tour
Does not include:
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (suggested)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please leave plenty of time for increased traffic and parking in Portland. Do Not trust your phones GPS for estimated time arrival.
- We just need the name that you booked with and the staff will check you in on the truck
- Traffic can be very heavy in Portland so give yourself extra time for parking
- We leave promptly at the designated time! Refunds are not provided for missed tours due to late/non arrival.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Please provide a cell phone number that you will have with you when you are in Portland. We may need to contact you regarding your tour
- Flat rate for private tour for groups from 1 to 12 travelers/seats.
|Private Narrated Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine Aboard a Vintage Fire Engine: 8:30am Tour|
|Available 6/21/2018 until 10/23/2018 View Detailed Schedule|
|Private Narrated Sightseeing Tour of Portland Maine Aboard a Vintage Fire Engine: 9:30am Tour|
|Available Now until 10/28/2018 View Detailed Schedule|