Lower Yough Pennsylvania Escorted White Water Rafting
The Lower Yough area is one of the best places to raft in all of Pennsylvania, and you must take this tour when you want to see the best of the region. You might be new to river rafting, or this might be just another river you have ridden. There is a tour guide to take you out, and they show you how beautiful this place can be.
The tour guide is the best rafter on every raft, and they show you the places to take pictures when you are not getting pummeled by the rapids. You also need to ask them for help with rafting if you are new to the activity. You might want to get a little lesson, and you will rent all the gear that you need.
You will go out on the river with guidance from your rafting professional, and they take you to goo stopping places to take pictures. You might want to have them with you even if you have an experienced group, and you could bring your kids on this tour because the kids will get pretty excited to learn the art of river rafting.
You must get your tickets online, and you will spend much less money on this tour because it gives you a group discount. This is one of the best things for you to do to fill up your itinerary for the trip.
You might come to the river when you want to have a day off from tourism, or you could go to the river because it is like your second home.
Meet for check in at your reserved time. Guests may rent wetsuits if they prefer and will receive their life jackets at this time. After check in guests will proceed to the river launch area where they will receive an orientation on paddling and safety points. You will launch approximately 1-hour after check in. From there you will raft down the river accompanied by your professional guide staff (not in the raft with you). Everyone on the tour will pull off to the side of the river before each major rapid and receive instruction on how to complete the rapid. Rafts will then proceed through the rapid one raft at a time. After completing the rapid, everyone will be instructed to pull off to the side of the river until every raft has traveled through. The groups will then continue downstream to the next set up area. A sack lunch will be served mid-way downstream and transportation will be provided back to the check in area. Trips have a minimum of 2 people and a maximum of 80 people.
Pickup & Return:
Rafting Office (near Grant St and Negley Street).
Returns to original departure point.
- 4 to 6 person rafts
- Life jackets, helmets, and paddles
- Sack lunch
- Guides (not in the raft with you)
- Transportation back to the check in area
Does not include:
- Guides (in the rafts)
- Inflatable kayaks
- Wetsuits (available for an additional cost)
- The listed price does not include a $4.50/person state park fee, payable at the time of tour check-in
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please note: for warm summer days casual clothing (shorts/t-shirts) and footwear that is secure on your feet (water shoes, tennis shoes, or sandals that strap on) are recommended
- Please note: for cooler or rainy days a nylon windbreaker or spandex/lycra material are recommended
- Please note: jeans or other heavy cotton material are not recommended