Basic Self-Rescue Climbing Class Joshua Tree National Park
What would you do in a life-threatening situation when rock climbing? Would you know how to save yourself or someone else? Most climbers do not know how to handle these tough situations, which is why basic self-rescue is vital. If you are a climber and don't know these basic methods, or just want to get more confident in your skills, this is the class for you. The class is approximately 8 hours and teaches you to not only rescue yourself, but others as well.
- How to escape belay
- How to rescue an injured climber using an auto-lock device
- Fope ascension
- Friction hitches
- Bowering system with re-directed auto-locking device
- Bowering system with a Munter hitch backed up with an Buto-block knot
- Tandem rappel system
- What age is Basic Self-Rescue Climbing Class Joshua Tree National Park appropriate for?
Climbers must be 12+.
- Is food available or provided?
No, you should bring lunch.
- Is parking available for Basic Self-Rescue Climbing Class Joshua Tree National Park?
- What is included in the admission price for Basic Self-Rescue Climbing Class Joshua Tree National Park?
The price includes the 8-hour class and all equipment.
- What level of physical ability is required?
You must have prior roped-climbing experience.
- What is the policy in case of inclement weather?
Rescheduling or refund options will be available.
- What type of clothing is appropriate?
Sturdy close-toed shoes & weather appropriate clothing (be sure to bring layers).