2-Hour Guided Outer Banks Wild Horse Tour
Take a guided wildlife tour of a little known secret in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. People associate the outer banks with camping, fishing, and relaxing on the beach. However, there is plenty of history to explore as well; there are inhabitants on the island that are related to the very first settlers of the area. On this two-hour tour, you will travel in an open-air 4x4 to see beautiful, wild horses. Along the way, you'll also hear about the ecology and the history of this amazing island. This is one of the most unique activities in the area.
Wild horses living in the outer banks are direct descendants of horses brought over by the Spanish in the early 15th century. Although there is no link of which Spaniard brought them over, we do know that they are the descendants of the original group. Spend the afternoon driving along the beaches in an open-air vehicle that accommodates up to twelve people. See the horses in their natural habitats grazing, frolicking in the water, or just people watching. The tour guide takes you through the 7,500-acre sanctuary of the horses. You will go through a canopy forest, out on to the beach, the Lewark property, and see the historic coast guard station.
This activity is great for the entire family. If you are bringing a child under forty-five pounds, be sure to bring a car seat. You'll also have plenty of chances to stop, get out, and take photos so don't forget to bring a camera to remember you amazing vacation!
- What methods of transportation does the 2-Hour Guided Outer Banks Wild Horse Tour use?
You'll ride in an open-air 4x4 vehicle.
- Is there any walking involved?
There is minimal walking.
- Approximately how long does the 2-Hour Guided Outer Banks Wild Horse Tour last?
The tour is about two hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
This is appropriate for all ages!
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
There is no dress code, just dress comfortably!
- Where does the 2-Hour Guided Outer Banks Wild Horse Tour depart from?
Corolla Outback Adventures
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the 2-Hour Guided Outer Banks Wild Horse Tour?
Of course! Don't forget your camera.