Beginner Hang Gliding Lesson
Your hang gliding lesson will begin with 'Ground School', which is about 45 minutes indoors. Once you have completed your Ground School class, you will have a short period to collect your things, use the bathroom and gear up for the flight portion of your lesson. Each student will receive a helmet and harness, which they will carry out to the sand dunes.
After gearing up, the entire class will walk out to Jockey's Ridge for the flight portion of your lesson. Each student shall receive 5 training flights per person over the next 2 hours. Once we have completed each student's flights, we will all return to the Hang Gliding School to wrap up and review what you've learned during your lesson.
· Jockey's Ridge State Park, 300 W Carolista Dr Milepost 12 on US 158 bypass, Nags Head, NC 27959
Pickup & Return:
300 W Carolista Dr, Nags Head, NC 27959, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Hang Glider, Helmet, Harness
Does not include:
- Bottled water
- sun protection
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 16 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it's canceled due to poor weather, you'll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers