From the upside-down exterior of this quirky building to the many fascinating and unusual exhibits housed within the interactive attraction and adventure, WonderWorks is sure to live up to its name during your Orlando stay.
As legend has it, the museum start as a secret laboratory that conducted research on a remote island in the Bermuda Triangle. Here, some of the world’s smartest scientists, who were led by Professor Wonder, were given the responsibility of harnessing the power of a tornado for the use of man. During the experiment, something went wrong and the tornado's power was unleashed in the lab, creating a huge vortex that swirled around and ripped the lab from its entire foundation! The power was so strong that it carried the lab thousands of miles away, landing it totally upside-down on the top of a brick warehouse in Orlando, Florida. Amazingly, all of the research and experiments remained completely intact and (somewhat) functional!
When you first walk inside of the building, everything will be totally upside-down! To enjoy the building, you must be inverted. Take a step inside of the inversion tunnel and watch the world turn right-side-up. Then you can enjoy more than a hundred hands-on exhibits that will confront children and adults alike with a variety of hands-on exhibits that will help them better understand the strange universe surrounding us and have fun while doing so! Simulator rides focusing on everything from flight to earthquakes, a hands-on bed of nails, and even devices that allow you to create your own dream rollercoaster and test it out through simulation are just a few of the activities you’ll find waiting for you! Combine Wonderworks with awesome Orlando Florida vacation deals to ensure that your time in Orlando is unforgettable!
- Inversion Tunnel: This tunnel allows you to defy gravity and see the building right-side-up but it would otherwise be upside-down.
- Disaster Zone: Recreation of the 1989 San Francisco earthquake that stopped the World Series before making a freeway collapse.
- Wonder Brite: This huge version of a Lite Brite lets you create awesome designs with light sticks.
- Tesla Coil: Touch over 100,000 volts of electricity as you touch a lightning rod with a glove.
- Speed of Light: Press buttons as you travel through the speed of light.
- Light and Sound Zone: Jump between keys as you try to compete against light patterns.
- Space Zone: Explore your way through the depths of outer space
- Bed of Nails: Lie on a bed of 3,5000 nails!
- Velocity Ball: Take to the mound as pitcher and stand before a MLB player.
- WonderCoasters: Explore the coolest parts of virtual reality as you design the rollercoaster of your dreams, then ride it in the Wonder Simulator.
- Bubble Lab: Stand inside of a giant bubble.
- Mind Ball: A challenging bio feedback game.
- How Cold Is It?: Feel water as cold as the night the Titanic sank.
- Far Out Illusion Gallery: Walk into a totally new dimension.
Do not miss out on an amazing Orlando, FL getaway!
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend there?
Most guests spend 3-4 hours at the museum.
- What amenities are available?
There is a gift shop and cafe.
- Is there a dress code?
You must wear close-toed shoes for the ropes course.
- Are wheelchairs and strollers available? Is there a rental fee?
Wheelchairs are available for a small fee.
- Is WonderWorks Orlando handicap accessible?
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
Yes, cameras are allowed.
- For what ages is it appropriate?
This is great for all ages.
- Is parking available? Is it free?
Parking is available at the Pointe Orlando Parking garage for a fee.