Hello Neighbor! The Mister Rogers Walking Tour!
On this tour, you will have the chance to explore some of the most important locations from Fred Rogers' life, such as his childhood home, the studio where Mister Rogers' Neighborhood was filmed, and the WQED-TV studios where he created and produced the show. You will also have the opportunity to see some of the original sets and puppets used on the front and learn about Fred Rogers's impact on the community and the world.
The tour typically lasts 2 hours and covers about 1.5 miles of walking. The tour guide will provide a wealth of information and anecdotes about Fred Rogers and the show. The tour is suitable for all ages and is an enjoyable and memorable experience for the whole family.
In addition to the walking tour, visitors can learn more about Fred Rogers' life and legacy at the Fred Rogers Center and the Smithsonian American Museum of History. The Fred Rogers Center is a museum dedicated to preserving and sharing the life and work of Fred Rogers with the largest collection of artifacts from Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. The Smithsonian American Museum of History exhibit explores the impact and influence of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood on American culture and society.
Hello Neighbor! The Mister Rogers Walking Tour is a unique and inspiring experience that offers visitors the chance to learn more about the life and legacy of one of the most beloved figures in American television history. Whether you're a long-time fan of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood or just looking for an interesting and educational activity, this tour will surely be an enjoyable and memorable experience. So come and join us and take a walk down memory lane with Mister Rogers!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Winter Park, Winter Park, Florida
On this fascinating Winter Park history tour, you'll learn why this picturesque village became (and still is!) a mecca for wealthy businessmen, politicians, celebrities and their families over the years, as you wander along with the shops, restaurants, and historic buildings along Park Avenue, the thriving center of town. Wandering under the treed canopies and passing European-styled cafés, we'll recount the personal stories of this Central Florida treasure and share the intriguing history behind the walls you see.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Rollins College, 1000 Holt Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789-4409
Our tours visits Rollins College, Fred's alma mater and what lured him to Winter Park for the first time.
Fred and Joanne both graduated from Rollins College, and their legacy is very much alive at Florida's first college. You walk in the same footsteps that Mister Rogers did, see where he lived, studied and, most significantly, the mural that inspired him to change lives for the better the world over.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pickup & Return:
1: 401 S Park Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789, USA
2: 151 W Lyman Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- 90 Minute — 2 Hour Guided Walking Tour in the Winter Park Footsteps of Fred Rogers.
- Legendary tales of Mister Rogers' time in Winter Park as a student and humble TV celebrity.
- Stories about Winter Park and Rollins College, important places to the Rogers.
- 10% discount for your next Original Orlando Tours adventure (valid for 30 days).
- Children go free! Up to two children per adult can attend the tour for free.
- Earn SUNNY PERKS REWARDS.
Does not include:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate