Whale-Watching Cruise from Oahu with Optional Breakfast Or Lunch
After pickup from your Waikiki hotel or making your own way to the pier, the crew welcomes you aboard your whale-watching boat.
The 232-foot (71-meter) vessel features four viewing decks and a large interior with dining rooms, lounges, bars, elevators and restrooms. Three stabilizers provide a smooth ride as you cruise from Honolulu out past Diamond Head and into the Pacific waters off the Kahala Gold Coast.
Pick a spot on the spacious decks outside, or see the sights from large windows in the air-conditioned interior. As you watch the humpbacks breach, spout and feed, listen to your naturalist guide's informative commentary about the whales' behavior. You are also likely to spot Hawaiian spinner dolphins and porpoises frolicking around your boat, and perhaps even sea turtles. Video presentations and handouts supplement the commentary.
For a little diversion, check out the kid-friendly onboard activities such as lei-making demonstrations and lessons on hula dance and ukulele (12pm departure only). If you choose to include the breakfast or lunch option, you'll have plenty of delicious dishes to munch on (see below for a sample menu).
Whale sightings are guaranteed on your cruise, meaning that on the rare occasion your naturalist doesn't locate any whales, you can take the tour again for free.
At the end of a memorable 2.5-hour cruise, your boat returns to the dock in Waikiki.
Hot breakfast buffet
- Scrambled eggs
- Steamed white rice
- Assorted fresh fruit including Maui gold pineapple
- Bakery basket with muffins, poi rolls, sweet butter and jam
- Kona coffee, tea and orange juice
- Carving station with Hawaiian black-sea-salt roast beef
- Teriyaki chicken
- White fish with citrus-miso glaze
- Lomi-lomi salmon
- Tofu poke
- Grilled vegan garden patty (please request in the Special Requirements box when booking)
- Romaine lettuce salad with croutons
- Three-bean salad
- Macaroni salad, island-style
- Namasu (marinated Japanese salad with vegetables and seafood)
- Fried noodles
- Sweet potatoes
- Steamed white rice
- Furikake (Japanese seasoning)
- Assorted breads with sweet butter
- Macadamia nut chocolate chip cookies
- Homemade chocolate brownies
- Fresh tropical fruits
- Kona coffee, tea and fruit punch
- Additional beverages available for purchase
Pickup & Return:
Aloha Tower Marketplace Pier 8 (if no transportation is selected) or select Waikiki hotels (if transportation option is selected).
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: Please select your departure time when booking If selected, hotel pickup begins 60 to 90 minutes prior to departure time; if you do not choose hotel pickup, please arrive for boarding 30 minutes prior to departure time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Breakfast or lunch (if option selected)
- Onboard cultural activities and exhibits
- Naturalist guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off, unless selected
- Food and drinks, unless specified (alcoholic beverages can be purchased from the onboard bar)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking in Special Requirements if required
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund