Located at 875 Elmwood Avenue, the Lafayette Avenue Presbyterian Church is famous for it's beautiful Romanesque Revival architecture and for once functioning as a pathway to freedom. Inside the basement of the historic church are a series of dark, brick tunnels that one day led many slaves to freedom. The church cost $150,000 to build and has a capacity of 1,000 people. The church complex consists of the large cruciform-plan building that was constructed in 1894 with an attached rear chapel. Joining them is the Community House that was built in 1921. The main church building is constructed from Medina sandstone with a terra cotta tile roof and features a 120-foot-tall square bell tower.