Niagara Falls New York
What is 12,000 years old, 188 feet high and hosts 10 million visitors yearly? The answer is Niagara Falls, one of the most beautiful and powerful waterfalls in the world. If you are planning a vacation, Niagara Falls New York is an ideal destination offering sights of nature, quality lodging and adventurous tours.
Niagara Falls, New York Attractions
There are several ways to get the perfect view of Niagara Falls as you learn about its history and current use as the world's #1 electricity producer.
- Embark on a 4-5 hour tour of the Falls on an American Adventure Bus Tour, which presents a balance of nature and history. View the Cave of the Winds; American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, Horseshoe Falls, Goat Island, Luna Island and the Three Sisters Islands. Learn about Native Americans who heralded Niagara Falls as 'Thundering Water.' Take a trip in the glass elevator 180 feet down to the bottom of the Niagara Gorge and view the Falls from above in the Prospect Observation Tower. You will even get to ride the famous Maid of the Mist boat tour — be sure to don your waterproof hooded raincoat, as you will be misted!
Niagara Falls Canadian & New York Tours
- For a tour of the Canadian side, catch a trip departing one of the hotels in central Niagara Falls, NY, the Niagara Falls Canadian Rainbow Tour. From May-October, you will ride the Maid of the Mist; from October-April, the tour will take you to a Niagara-on-the-Lake winery. You will also get to see the Floral Clock, Sir Harry Oakes Gardens, and Queen Victoria Park.
- One other, more adventurous, option for touring the Falls is a Jet Dome Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour or Wet Jet Tour departing from Lewiston, NY. This 45-minute tour sends you hurtling through 18 miles of scenery surrounding Niagara Falls at top speeds, and even lands you in the center of the famous roiling Whirlpool. From the domed boat with plenty of windows, you will glimpse unparalleled sights of the Falls and its nearby panorama.
Niagara Falls, New York Hotels
After experiencing Niagara Falls, local shopping and unique dining experiences, rest and relax at one of the area's hotels.
- Quality Inn Hotel and Suites, within walking distance of the Falls, offers an indoor playground for the kids, a botanical garden and video arcade.
- Or stay at the Best Western Summit Inn, which puts you in the middle of the shopping and dining district, and provides its own Internet Cafe, sauna and fitness center.
- The EconoLodge at the Falls North is also a good option. Enjoy the Spanish architecture of the hotel, its pool and gazebo, only two miles from Niagara Falls.
No matter what hotel in Niagara Falls you choose, your experience in this area will be memorable and exciting.
Niagara Falls has long been known as one of the world's most popular honeymoon destinations, but you do not have to be a newlywed to appreciate the waterfall's beautiful scenes, overwhelming power and long history. Vacation to Niagara Falls to experience a perfect balance of nature, history, and modern culture, all in one!