Newport Neighborhood Food Tour
In Newport, Rhode Island, you will find The Newport Neighborhood Food Tour to be a great example of an activity where you can walk around and taste the food and see all of the art exhibits. Along the tour, there are plenty of food and drinks options for purchase. In fact, your friends and family will love the tour as well. You can find unique souvenirs from local artisans that will remind you of when you visited Rhode Island. On this tour, you may even find celebrity chefs that want you to try their latest specialties.
This is a family-oriented activity. Children will be thrilled to see the sights, but they must be accompanied by adults. If you are planning to drink alcohol, plan to bring a valid ID to present before purchase. The neighborhood joins in on this event and for a few years has joined in.
There are park rides, theaters, beaches, and bartenders awaiting your arrival. You will love the hospitality in the atmosphere as the natives welcome you to Newport. This is usually an activity that lasts all day, so when planning your trip, we recommend you reserve a hotel room in order to better accommodate your vacation.
Newport has the best cool breezes during evening walks that tourists enjoy. There are times where you will stop and take photographs. The idea is to taste all of the cuisines for your main course meals. You can have snacks too. It is an enjoyable and fun adventure.
Rhode Island has beautiful art and landscapes that tourists travel to take pictures while sending post cards. If you love to spend time with your family, you will have to book this tour that has the most incredible exhibits. Your spouse will love the tour and will be glad that you noticed how well he enjoyed the atmosphere. The goal of this trip is to have the best vacation possible and to always remember that you can travel to Rhode Island for the best scenery.
Join us as we walk through Newport's neighborhoods and visit some of the finest restaurants this area has to offer. Along the way, you will hear stories and folklore that are part of Newport's early history and culture, and see 17th & 18th century architecture built and lived in by mariners, shipbuilders and noted artisans. You will enjoy sweet and savory tastings made from only the finest, freshest local ingredients available, from lobster shacks to cafes, to 17th century taverns to a hip, hidden, local hole-in-the-wall with tastings ranging from traditional New England fare to modern spins on old favorites.
Sample Tasting locations:
- Newport Lobster Shack - Fresh Lobster Cakes served by the FIN (Fisherman of Newport) Co-op's Seafood Food Truck.
- Belle's Cafe - Unique cafe serving us Clam Chowder at the Newport Shipyard alongside Newport's most luxurious mega yachts.
- Perro Salado - Popular Mexican Restaurant offering their famous slow cooked sticky pork ribs in one of Newport's treasured historic taverns.
- The Wharf Pub - Newport's ultimate craft beer and comfort food from scratch pub will be serving BBQ pork Mac & Cheese tasting
- Mission - House-made Slaw Dog and cut fries located in a hidden, hip, hole-in-the-wall, hot dog joint.
- Vanderbilt Grace Grille - A vintage mansion of the wealthy Vanderbilt family, restored to a boutique hotel delivering classic and contemporary dishes that are beautifully presented, where we will be served a light house made refreshment.
- White Horse Tavern - Inspired by Chef Silvia's Portuguese heritage he puts a creative spin on a cheesecake. Located in the countries oldest tavern.
** Please note tastings and locations may change without notice.
Pickup & Return:
Intersection of Washington St., Marsh St. and Gladys Carr Bolhouse Rd.(Goat Island Causeway) Newport, RI 02840
Tour ends at Perro Salado at approximately 3- 3:15.
Departure Times: 12pm
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
- All food tastings
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Guide sheet & map
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (unless option is selected)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately