Sylvan Terrace in New York City, NY
This historic cobblestone block once functioned as a carriageawy to the Morris-Jumel Mansion, the oldest house in Manhattan. On either side of the street stand 20 almost identical, high-top wooden row houses. The homes are yellow clapboard buildings, reminiscent of those found on the street in 1882. Wooden shutters, wooden stoops, ship lap siding and bracketed eves decorate the homes.
Residents today are required by the Landmarks Preservation Commission to paint the exterior of their homes the same colors: yellow, maroon, green and brown.