Loeb Boathouse in Central Park in New York City, NY
Recognizing the need for a boathouse at the Lake, Calvert Vaux designed a wooden structure that would last from 1873 until 1954. Vaux's beautiful, two-story, Victorian edifice was eventually torn down, though its original purpose was carried out by its replacement, known as the Loeb Boathouse.
Carl M. Loeb opened the new, red brick and limestone Boathouse in 1954. In addition to its traditional functions, the new Boathouse is also the site of the Boathouse Restaurant. With the option of indoor or lakeside seating, at which one can enjoy a seasonal fish dinner, the Boathouse Restaurant is an excellent choice for a relaxing evening spent admiring the beauty of the Park while dining.
Bear Mountain Bridge
Central Park Lake
Coindre Hall near New York, NY