Bronx Little Italy Shopping and Tasting Tour
The Bronx Little Italy shopping and tasting tour is a lot of fun to take because you can schedule it for any time. The tour takes you into the Little Italy area of the Bronx, and you can see all the little gems that you could not have found otherwise. There are tour guides on each trip, and they help you get recommendations that are needed.
The Little Italy area is fun to shop because it has a lot of different places that you can buy meats and other sundries. Someone who wants to shop through Little Italy has a good time finding good places to buy things, and they have a tour guide who gives them information on each little shop.
There are places that tastings can be done, and these locations can be visited in the future. Someone who loves Italian might pick out the one deli they want to visit, and they can come back for their own tastings and drinks in the future. The Little ITaly tour does give you a nice view of Yankees Stadium, and it also helps you have a good time seeing New York from a new perspective.
The Little Italy of the Bronx is a nice place to go, and you must have tickets for your tour before setting off on your trip. The trip that you have chosen to take should include this tour because it gives you a few hours of walking, pictures, and food.
You get to know people on the Little Italy tour for food, and this is a much different experience than if you were in Manhattan.
Over 2 hours you'll explore nearly a dozen food shops with a Little Italy insider. You'll find out which shop makes the best fresh mozzarella, where to get real San Marzano tomatoes and discover the spot where you can get the finest extra virgin olive oil from Sicily.
Your walking tour will cover Arthur Avenue, Hughes Avenue and 187th Street.
Food: Tastings of pastry, bread, cheese and salumi, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch.
- Say hi to Peter at Vincent's Meat Market named one of the 10 best butcher shops in New York City.
- Sample imported Italian cheese at Calandra's also known for their exquisite fresh ricotta made daily.
- Take a stroll through the Arthur Avenue Retail Market and sort through the high quality pastas, flours, cookies, and canned tomatoes imported from Italy at Mount Carmel Foods.
- Look up at the 'sausage chandelier' at Calabria Pork Store and sample their house cured pork products.
- Taste authentic Sicilian cannoli at Caffé & Gelato.
- Visit Addeo's bakery for a taste of the addictive chicola bread made with chunks of crispy cured pork.
- Borgatti Ravioli for fresh pasta and ravioli made with love.
- Egidio Pastry Shop where Carmela Lucciola uses Don Pasquale Egidio's original recipes from the 19th century.
- Teitel Brothers, where chefs go to shop and where you can buy authentic Italian olive oils at a low price.
- Joe's Deli for the best fresh mozzarella in Little Italy.
Throughout the tour we'll sample bread, pastry, cheese and salumi, equivalent to a small to medium sized lunch. Shops make certain specialties on certain days or for particular holidays. Samples will be adjusted to reflect the best of Little Italy on the date of your tour.
Pickup & Return:
Arthur Avenue Retail Market
- Food tasting
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included