Garden District, Irish Channel, & Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour
Enjoy this cheap New Orleans walking tour today where you will stroll the streetways of the beautiful Garden District and many other great locations. The whole family will love learning about the history of New Orleans with this 2-hour walking tour. The Garden District is home to the Americans that migrated to the New Orleans area in 1803 after the Louisana Purchase. The Americans found the Creoles living just down-river from Canal Street so they moved up-river where they became rich and started to build great big mansions in the area that came to be forever know as Garden District.
On this tour, you will see many other amazing sights and historical locations as you walk through the great Garden District such as homes of famous people and then end the tour at the historic Lafayette Cemetery. Some of the locations you will get to see include notable homes of Archie Manning, former NFL player and the home where his famous NFL sons grew up, Eli and Peyton Manning. The home of John Goodman, a famous movie and tv star from hits like Monsters Inc and Roseanne. As well as the home where the Confederate President Jefferson Davis died.
You will also visit and explore the Lafayette Cemetery, which is one of seven of the oldest city-operated cemeteries in New Orleans. Some notable people buried in the tombs of Lafayette Cemetery include Brigadier General Harry T. Hays, who led the 1st Louisiana Brigade, and Judge Ferguson, known from the Plessy vs. Ferguson case which had wide consequences in the civil rights movement.
- Approximately how long does the Garden District, Irish Channel, & Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour last?
Approximately 2 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Where does the Garden District, Irish Channel, & Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour depart from?
The tour departs from Still Perkin Coffee Shop at 2727 Prytania St. New Orleans, LA 70130
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Garden District, Irish Channel, & Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour?
Both photography and video cameras are permitted.
- Is the Garden District, Irish Channel, & Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour handicap accessible?