Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour
If you're looking for an exciting adventure while on a weekend getaway then this New Orleans walking tour will bring a great cultural experience to your vacation. Welcome to the 200-year-old St Louis Cemetery No 1, a legendary New Orleans cemetery known as the 'City of the Dead' that serves as the burial place of notable New Orleans residents like Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau. On your tour, you will enjoy a climate controlled shuttle to take you to and from the cemetery.
Along the 2-hour tour, you'll learn about the legend of Laveau that surrounds her and her tomb, as well as the stories of other infamous residents buried here. The guide will explain the above-ground burial system in New Orleans and tombs of the different 'Societies.' You'll also be verbally progressed through the evolution of Voodoo, which is still practiced today, and how it has influenced Crescent City.
At the end of the tour, you'll receive your very own 'gris-gris' bag as well as find out just exactly what 'gris-gris' is. To make sure you get the most out of your tour, excursions are limited to 22 passengers per tour guide. Vacation to New Orleans today and make it an unforgettable experience.
- What is included in the admission price?
Admission to the St. Louis Cemetery, round-trip transportation, and souvenir bag included.
- What methods of transportation does the Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour use?
Includes a free climate controlled shuttle to and from the cemetery.
- Is there any walking involved?
Yes, there is casually walking through the St. Louis Cemetery.
- Approximately how long does the Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour last?
It is approximately 2 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
The tour is on uneven sidewalks and streets so wear comfortable shoes. During warmer months, it's recommended to wear lightly colored clothes, and caps/hats are also suggested.
- Where does the Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour depart from?
The tour departs from the Gray Line ticket office in the French Quarter at 400 Toulouse Street New Orleans, LA 70130
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour?
Both photography and video cameras are permitted.
- Is the Cemetery & Voodoo Walking Tour handicap accessible?
Yes, please submit any requests at least 48 hours in advance of your tour to supply a vehicle with wheelchair access.