Grand Ole Opry Member Spotlight: Brad Paisley
Brad Paisley says that one of his earliest memories is going to his grandfather's house to listen to him play his guitar. This is the same grandfather that bought Paisley his first guitar at the age of 8. In the years since then, Brad has become a huge country music star. It all started with that little guitar.
Background and Early Career
- After learning to play his guitar Brad Paisley began performing around his hometown of Glen Dale, West Virginia at 10 years old.
- When Brad was 12 he started performing on a local radio show. While doing this he met many of his future Opry co-members.
- While still in his teens Brad Paisley was opening for Opry favorites like Little Jimmy Pickens and Roy Clark.
- After graduating college Brad signed a deal with Arista Records.
Grand Ole Opry Induction
- Brad Paisley was inducted as the Grand Ole Opry's youngest member. During the ceremony a letter from Opry member George Jones was read. It stated that George counted on Brad carrying on the traditions of the Grand Ole Opry.
Brad Paisley at the Opry
- Brad is a regular performer at the Grand Ole Opry whenever his tour schedule allows it. To see what dates he will be at the Opry check out the VME Grand Ole Opry Blog!
Notable Hits You Might Hear at the Grand Ole Opry
- 'Mud on the Tires'
- 'Little Moments'
- 'Whiskey Lullaby' (featuring Allison Krauss)
- 'I'm Gonna Miss Her'
- 'When I Get Where I'm Goin' (featuring Dolly Parton)
- 'I Wish You'd Stay'
- 'He Didn't't Have to Be'
- 'We Danced'
- Brad Paisley was offered a deal to write songs only one week after graduating from Belmont University.
- Paisley's first album went platinum.
- See the complete list of current Grand Ole Opry members!