Wine Country Horseback Adventure
If you could find time to take a day to find true tranquility what would you do? Would you like to ride through a meadow and beautiful Hills on horseback? Does a day Bing guided through beautiful mountains sound peaceful? How about heading to the highest point in Sonoma County? If all of this sounds like a perfect day out for you then visiting the ranch at Lake Sonoma is what you're looking for. Your admission will include a helmet and water.
This horseback tour will take you through Skaggs Vista and last about an hour and a half. You will have a small View of the lake and well end up on Overlook Mountain. From this point you will be able to overlook All The Vineyards that's around that point. You will also be able to see all of Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley, and Mount Saint Helena.
As you get towards the end of your tour you can expect to go through a beautiful redwood forest and underneath what is called The Overlook. The Overlook is a wooden structure that was built by the US Army.
Forget You animal lovers, you can expect to see some interesting wildlife while on the tour. Some of these animals include wild turkeys, bald eagles, white-tailed deer, and jack rabbits.
For your next vacation why not take a trip to Wine Country where you can find more than just horseback riding. There is also a wine tasting, bike rides, kayaking, and so much more to explore.
Starting at The Ranch at Lake Sonoma, this guided ride moves along at a mostly walking pace on the Southlake Trail. We ride through a meadow and up a hill to the top of Skaggs Vista for miles of wilderness views and a peekaboo view of the left arm of Lake. Looping back down to the Ranch making a figure 8, we then continue on to the "Overlook Mountain." Being one of the highest locations in Northern Sonoma County, we look down upon hundreds of acres of vineyards in Dry Creek Valley and beyond. From the mountain we can see Dry Creek Valley, Alexander Valley, Mt. St. Helena, and the Geysers! We then continue through a redwood forest and ride underneath "The Overlook" (a wooden structure built by the U.S. Army Corps for taking in the awesome views). The tour does also quite often come upon all kinds of wildlife including whitetail deer, wild turkeys, grey squirrels, jack rabbits, and bald eagles.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed .
- This is truly a scenic ride and has elevated views so is not suggested for those uncomfortable in high places.
- No riding experience necessary.
- 1 Water bottle and a helmet is provided but not required for those over 18 years old.
- This ride is around 70 minutes long, but allow around 2 hours for the whole experience.
- Riders must be Ages 12+ and under 210 lbs.
- Pants and close toed shoes required.
- For safety reasons, participant must be in good physical condition and able to control the horse on the trail. Participant must be able to start, stop, and turn the horse as well as get on and off in the case of an emergency.
- For safety reasons, participant must understand the English language.
- Liability forms must be signed by legal guardian for children under 18 years old.
You cannot bring bags, backpacks, purses, water bottles or canteens on the ride. Please leave these items behind as we do not want you getting things from the bags and then dropping them on the trail.
We take photos throughout the ride and can e-mail or text them to you after your ride.
After your ride, The Ranch at Lake Sonoma offers complimentary 2 for 1 wine tasting tickets for select Dry Creek Valley wineries if you desire to wine taste after your ride. If not, The Ranch has an outdoor bar selling beer and wine by the glass all overlooking Lake Sonoma. Picnicking is allowed at the Ranch and we have picnic tables for public use available as well.
Lake Sonoma's Marina is adjacent to The Ranch and includes a swimming beach, general store, boat rentals, and fishing.
Pickup & Return:
The Ranch at Lake Sonoma.
- Water Bottle
- Photos Taken on Ride Texted or Emailed
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Close toe shoes required, no sandals.
- Pants recommended.
- Ages 12+
- Must be under 210 lbs
- English or translator required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund