Museum of Coastal Carolina
For a fun and informative adventure in Myrtle Beach, SC, head to the Museum of Coastal Carolina. This amazing destination is filled with a variety of intriguing displays, exhibits, and more to teach visitors about the coastal animals, geography, and more. From stunning fish to unique skeletons and more, guests of all ages are bound to have a fun time learning something new along the South Carolina coast.
- Portrait of the museum's founders, Stuart and Louise Ingram
- Carolina Gold Exhibit
- Civil War Rifles and underwater archaeology artifacts
- Ringo Exhibit teaching visitors to determine ages of trees based on the number of rings
Changing Tides Gallery
- Fossilized Skeleton of Herman the Sperm Whale
- Megabites exhibit featuring shark teeth
- Shark jaws
- Wave machine
- Tide machine
- The Shore is Shifting - an exhibit describing inlet migration
- Streams to the Sea exhibit: This exhibit shows how storm water can pollute streams and rivers
- Litterbug Hall of Shame exhibit: Showcases the effects of beach litter and the way it harms beaches across the coast
- North Carolina River Basins
- Diorama featuring animals and plants of the Green Swamp area
Ocean Reef Gallery
- Diorama of a reef including life-size models of whales, sharks, sea turtles, and more
Coastal Plain Gallery
- Diorama featuring a waterfowl habitat
- American Bald Eagle
- Diorama featuring backyard birds and John Reid's bird egg collection from the 1860s
- Dugout canoes
- Animal pelts
- Native American tools and pottery
Barrier Island Gallery
- Puppet playhouse and puzzles
- The Legend of the Loggerhead exhibit
- Walk through the dune
- Video of the life of loggerhead turtles
- Shipwright's tools
- Navigation equipment
- Wooden strip boat
- Model ships
Bring the entire family along to the Carolina Coast to see some of the most fantastic things. Learn all about the animals that call this ecosystem home and make some lasting memories enjoying some fantastic coastal facts. Enjoy tons of family-fun activities when you plan your next family-fun vacation adventure to Myrtle Beach.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at Museum of Coastal Carolina ?
Guests tend to spend 2-4 hours here.
- Is Museum of Coastal Carolina handicap accessible?
- Is photography & video recording allowed?
- For what ages is Museum of Coastal Carolina appropriate?
- Is parking available at Museum of Coastal Carolina ? Is it free?
Yes. Parking is free.