The location of the departure and exact departure time will be printed on your voucher. Start your tour with one of the most stunning features of the city, Montreal Harbor, a bay that expands more than 1,000 miles inland from the sea. Next, you will travel into the city to see Old Montreal, which is located between the river and downtown. The oldest part of the city, it gives you a chance to see sights and locations that were instrumental to the development of the town from its earliest days of French colonial rule to being one of the world's major bustling metropolis. You will also see Notre-Dame Basilica, one of the oldest churches in North America. A masterpiece showing off the best aspects of gothic revival architecture, the basilica is a must-see for anyone visiting the city.
From here you will have the opportunity to visit the world famous Oriental mall of Chinatown to grab a quick bite (at your own expense). You will also visit Olympia Park, built for the Summer Olympic games of 1976, and Mount-Royal park, high atop the city, offering a spectacular view of downtown and the river. While in the park you will have the chance to visit St. Josephs Oratory. One of the most visited shrines in the world, the basilica has a dome, which extends 320 feet high and is second only in height to the dome of Saint-Peters Basilica in Rome.
This is not a walking tour per se, but there is a moderate amount of walking occasionally at some locations visited so please wear comfortable shoes. You will also be needing to get in and out of the tram occasionally. Restroom breaks will be offered at regular intervals. Please, no children under the age of 12. Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. This tour is weather dependent, please check with the tour operator before arriving if inclement conditions are in the forecast. This tour does operate all year round so please dress accordingly for an open-air tram and Montreal seasonal weather. If there is a delay or cancellation due to weather you will be given the choice of an alternate date/time or a full refund. Please arrive a few minutes early to check in, gather and get acquainted with your fellow participants. Both electronic and paper vouchers are accepted for this tour. Please, not food or beverages other than water on the tram. Please, no smoking on the tram. Please, no bulky jackets, large bags, heavy purses, or selfies sticks on the tram. Price does not include lunch. Price does not include gratuity for the tour guide or the tram driver both of which are highly recommended.
Embark on a complete tour of Montreal while taking in over 200 points of interest. You'll travel on a converted tram which offers guaranteed seating and full commentary. Discover Montreal Harbor which expands 1000 miles (1600km) inland from the sea, the oriental mall of Chinatown and much more!
Highlights include photo-stops at:
- Old Montreal - Located between the River and downtown, this historical part of the City and its Old Port will put you into close contact with the past life of major metropolis of North America. Old Montreal has always been the center of the city and has preserved testimonies of all bygone eras. (panoramic view of the old port)
- Notre-Dame Basilica - A masterpiece of Gothic Revival architecture. The magnificent interior decor captivates hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
- Olympia Park - Built for the 1976 Summer Olympics Games.
- Mount Royal Park - The scenic lookout offers a striking view of the downtown area and the river.
- St. Joseph's Oratory - Atop of Mount-Royal, it is one of the world's most visited shrines. The basilica's huge dome reaches 320 feet (97 meters) and is second in height only to Saint-Peter's basilica in Rome.