Carmel Small-Group Food and Wine Walking Tour
The Carmel small walking food tour allows you to go out with people that you get to know on the trip, and they become your friends while you take this journey. This is a very easy tour to do because you are simply bopping around Carmel and eating in all the locations that were chosen for the tour.
The tour itself should be scheduled in advance because it is easy for people to get bunched up in lunch and dinner groups. You need to pick the lunch or dinner tour depending on what you want to eat. You might take both tours if you are really hungry.
This is a great tour to take when you want to know what it is like to eat different menus from the same place, and you get to come back for drinks in the evening. You might pick out places that are fun to revisit, and you get to see the city from a new perspective. This is a fun tour because it helps you have the best time, and it allows you to fill your belly at the same time.
The tour lets you learn about the city of Carmel, and you also should see if you can ask questions of the tour guide. The guide lets you know about the town you see, and they give you an idea of the places you should eat.
The walking and eating tour of Carmel is fun because it lets you have a nice time while walking with people who are now your friends. You can get good drinks, and you see all of Carmel on foot.
Meet at the Sunset Cultural Center in Carmel to begin your 3-hour walking tour of this lovely coastal town, an artist's colony that is a foodie's delight. With your small group, learn about Carmel's history and architecture as you follow your knowledgeable guide through hidden passageways and tiny plazas even many locals don't know about. Covering just over a mile and interspersed with frequent tasting breaks, this well-paced tour is suitable for adults of all fitness levels.
Visit local eateries and food shops to meet the owners and enjoy some gourmet tastings. Places you may visit include Anton & Michel, Casanova Restaurant, Terry's Lounge in the Historic Cypress Inn, La Bicyclette, Trio Carmel and Lula's Chocolates.
Discover true Locavore-style preparations, olive oils and Balsamic vinegars. Indulge in a gnocchi appetizer at one of Carmel's most popular and romantic restaurants, and savor artisanal pizzas. Try a cocktail pairing inside a swanky, historic lounge. Sip a selection of handcrafted wines and indulge your sweet tooth with locally made caramels and truffles. You'll find that these various tasty bites add up to a very satisfying lunch!
Your Carmel food tour ends in the early afternoon, leaving you plenty of time to revisit the restaurants and shops later to experience more culinary delights.
Pickup & Return:
Sunset Cultural Center.
Departure Times: 11:00am - Thursday through Saturday
- 3-hour food and wine tasting tour
- All food samplings (enough for lunch)
- Wine tasting
- Professional foodie guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years for wine tasting
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over the age of 4; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** Special Note for VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, LACTOSE-INTOLERANT, and low-FODMAPs (low-carb) Guests: This tour is designed to showcase the foods of Carmel and Monterey County and is not an a la carte type of setting. We have carefully selected food tastings in partnership with our vendors that reflect the uniqueness of our area and its food scene, and these selections sometimes include meat, wheat, and dairy products. Substitutions made for those adhering to a Vegan, Gluten-Free, lactose-intolerant, or low-FODMAPs diet may not reflect these selections. We can easily accommodate vegetarian/pescatarian diets. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.