A unique experience for 2 is the 1-Hour Monterey and Cannery Row Sea Car Tour. It is an hour long and you and your partner get to cruise through the streets of Monterey. You have the option of choosing what time you would like to take your tour. The tour includes the orientation on how to operate your Sea Car, rental of the GPS touring car, helmet, map and enough gas to get through the tour and back. The tour offers hotel pick and drops off for an additional fee. All drivers must be of legal driving age and children of ages 4 and above can be a passenger and enjoy the sightseeing.
Unless you are receiving transportation form the tour, you will need to meet at the Portola Hotel and Spa. Upon arrival, you will receive your orientation and training for how to operate the vehicles and all of the safety precautions. While the vehicles are fairly simple to maneuver, some guests choose to pay an optional minimal fee for damage insurance. Once cleared from orientation the narration of tour begins. Some of the beautiful places along the trip are the Cannery Row, Fisherman’s Wharf, beautiful architecture in historical buildings and Lover’s point park. Once close to the beach there are usually sightings of otters and other sea life.
The 1-Hour Monterey and Cannery Row Sea Car Tour gives a new meaning to driving with the top down. These little cars give you the power but agility to move through the Streets of Monterey and allow you to take in all the beauty that his Harbor has to offer. When you think there is so much to see with so little time; this is the tour for you.
Pick up your 2-seater Sea Car at the Portola Hotel & Spa, just a 5-minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. Simple to drive and park, this zany scooter car allows you to zip around downtown streets and out to the coast to cruise along one of the most scenic drives in the United States. You can follow a designated itinerary or make up your own adventure.
The 1-hour narrated tour directs you on a route past Monterey's historical buildings, Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, and Lovers Point park and beach. Enjoy sweeping ocean vistas through the convertible's open top, and soak up views of the harbor. You'll see sand dunes, cypress trees and marine life like seals and otters among many stops along the route.
Note: Price is based on per car.
Pickup & Return:
Returns to original departure point.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Does not include:
- Rental of GPS-guided touring car
- Tank of gas
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Collision Damage Waiver for $12.00 (covers up to $500 in damages)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Drivers must be 21 years of age or older and must present a valid driver's license
- Minimum age is 4 years; children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Price is based on per car; select 1 Adult per car tour at time of booking (up to 2 passengers per car)
- All renters must be able to read, understand and sign a liability release and waiver form
- Maximum weight is 400 lbs (180 kg) per car; each rider must be under 200 lbs (90 kg) or drive their own car
- Maximum passenger height is 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm)
- One member of each group must present a credit card and government-issued ID; this information will only be used in the case of damage or loss of property