Robber's Roost Canyoneering Adventure
If you have a love for outdoor activities out in nature and seek new experiences, this 8-hour canyoneering adventure is for you and a fellow adventurer to join in with a small group of like-minded souls, you'll learn about the history, the basic techniques, and what it means to literally have each other's back, of course, it all takes place under the guidance of a professional guide to ensure your safety.
- Meet and greet your experienced (and quite accomplished) instructor guide and become acquainted with other people in the group.
- Next, you'll hear an informative history on canyoneering and rappelling, along with a lesson about the basic skills required (don't worry about your skill level, it's a day geared for everyone to participate in their individual comfort zone). Of course, as in any sports activity, safety is important, thus essential precautions are always advised and adhered to during the day.
- Now, it's time to enter the anticipated, exciting canyon. This is when the beneficial teamwork (discussed earlier) becomes apparent.
- During the course of the day, it's all about implementing the techniques of rappelling and rope assisted climbing from the breathtaking slot canyons and secret, hidden potholes with the assistance of your guide.
- Around noon, you'll have worked up a hungry appetite and will surely devour the free lunch provide and discuss the day's events and all that's been accomplished thus far with your new friends, surrounded by the awe inspiring scenic beauty of nature..
- Then it's time for to find more challenging obstacles to conquer with your newly gained, intoxicating skills for the rest of the afternoon.
Time and Location
Upon reserving a spot, your reservation must be for two canyoneering participates and at least seven years old. There are weight restrictions for this activity ranging from at least 70 pounds to no more than 250, along with a signed waiver form.
To gain entrance, present either a paper printout of the email you received or show the saved ticket image from your received text message.
- Check in time is 8:00 a.m. (Plan arrival for 15 minutes prior to the beginning of activity)
- Event takes place in Hanksville, Utah (exact location, upon booking)
- 8 hours of exhilarating fun
After you learn how to rappel and rope climb up canyon walls, you'll want to do it again and again. It's an addicting, healthy sport. Being out among the wilderness, getting a healthy dose of exercise is the perfect way to stay in shape or get in shape. Plus, as a bonus, the environment is a spectacular site and taking a few pictures is sure to bring a smile to your face each time you look at them and show off to friends your awesome accomplishments.
Your adventure begins with a warm welcome from your guide who will provide an overview of the area's fascinating history, safety information and an introduction to basic rappelling and canyoneering. Once we enter the canyon you can expect challenging teamwork, awe-inspiring rappels, exciting, rope-assisted down climbs, stemming through spectacular slot canyons, and escaping hidden potholes. Your guide will show you how to utilize teamwork and canyoneering technique as you explore some of canyon country's most beautiful and hidden worlds.
For many, their first experience in canyon country is transformational in nature. It becomes an intrinsic part of their heart and soul that serves to draw them back time and time again.
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: 8am
You can present either a paper or an electronic ticket for this activity.
- Experienced and accomplished guides
- Canyoneering equipment
- Rappel instruction
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Minimum of two guests per booking
- You must be age seven or older
- You must weigh between 70 and 250 pounds (32—114 kg)
- Must sign waiver
- Check in 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time