Escape the complications of everyday life as you head out into the back country of Canyonlands National Park for an excursion aboard a rugged 4x4 vehicle. This air-conditioned vehicle will take you along the Utah Scenic Byway, which offers unparalleled views of the Colorado River. Explore evidence of the lives that called these hills home as you see the largest collection of prehistoric American Indian writings and incredible dinosaur tracks petrified in a prehistoric river bank! Inside the national park, you'll enjoy a breath-taking view from one of the most famous locations in movie-making history: "Thelma and Louise Point," as it's popularly known, offers amazing views from more than 400 feet above the winding Colorado River.
Avoid the same fate as those two heroines as the tour continues to the historic mining road known as Shafer Trail. Enjoy the sights of amber and gold cliffs rising from the desert floor as you continue down the unpaved trail for an off-road adventure unlike any other! This tour will satisfy travelers looking for adventure as well as breathtaking scenery!
- Price includes guided four-wheel-drive tour of the back country of Canyonlands National Park with drinking water provided.
- Tour is appropriate for all travelers, and is especially useful for those seeking plenty of fantastic views in a short amount of time.
- Tour lasts approximately 4.5 hours.
- Check schedule for dates and times.
- Tour is appropriate for all ages.
- Tour includes some moderate walking between points of interest.
- Recommended dress is casual.
- Cameras are permitted.
- Park entrance fee is not included.