El Dorado Canyon Ghost Town, 7 Magic Mountains Boulder City and Hoover Dam Tour
We will do a ghost town tour and hike to explore this abandoned mining town's old mining equipment, cabins, and mine shafts. We will end our tour by hiking to one of the most unusual rock formations in the world - The Seven Magic Mountains. There are plenty of opportunities for pictures in every direction as we approach the seven large boulders covered with brightly colored polka dots. From there, we'll head over to Hoover Dam off route 93 before looping back on highway 95, where you can have lunch at any family-owned restaurant while enjoying live music.
We will begin the tour at El Dorado Canyon and end at our starting point later in the day, leaving extra time to explore any of the nearby ghost towns. It is a great day trip or can be added to a longer itinerary in Las Vegas.
El Dorado Canyon began during the California gold rush in the 1850s. The canyon was an easy way for prospectors to get to the Colorado River and into California, Texas, and even some areas of Mexico. Although no gold was found in El Dorado Canyon, miners soon started setting up mines and a town called Eldoradoville at the mouth of the canyon. Eventually, Eldoradoville fell out of favor due to its lack of water (it had no reliable water source, so most people left), forcing people to move closer to Boulder City.
The town was abandoned until the 1940s when people discovered gold. The Arden Mine shafts were created and opened to miners in 1942 but only operated for a few years before World War II caused them to stop operations. It wasn't until the 1970's that they reopened, but this time they had more success.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Seven Magic Mountains, S Las Vegas Blvd, Jean, NV 89054
At Seven Magic Mountains, you can enjoy one of the greatest work of contemporary art in Las Vegas and be sure to bring your camera for some awesome selfies!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Nelson Ghost Town, Nelson Cutoff Rd, Nelson, NV 89046
Nelson, back in 1775, wasn't Nelson but was called Eldorado by the Spaniards who made the original discoveries of gold in this area that is now Eldorado Canyon. A hundred years later the prospectors and miners of the day took over and established the notorious Techatticup Mine. Disagreements over ownership, management, and labor disputes resulted in wanton killings so frequent as to be routine and ordinary. Despite the sinister reputation of the mine, it along with others in the town produced several million dollars in gold, silver, copper, and lead.
But because of its location in the El Dorado Canyon, it was susceptible to flash flooding making it uninhabitable. The remaining weathered buildings, machinery, and Texaco station are what's left of the boomtown.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Mead National Recreational Area, AZ
We will stop to check Lake Mead next to Nelson's Ghost Town.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Hoover Dam, is one of the largest concrete structures in the world. Here you will have time to walk and take pictures and see one of the biggest man-made lakes in the USA - Lake Mead.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum, 1305 Arizona St, Boulder City, NV 89005-2613
We'll stop at the museum in historical Downtown Boulder City to learn about how Hoover Damn was built.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pickup & Return:
Traveler pickup is offered
This Is a Small Group Tour, we will use a 15 seat passenger Van or a 7 Seats Mini Van depending on the group size on the day of the Tour.
We Pick-up from Las Vegas Strip Area And Fremont Area (Downtown).
Traveler pickup is offered in more than 120 Hotels in Las Vegas
Remember, don't forget to bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or tennis shoes.
We will send you all an email with all the information you need 24 hours before the day of the tour.
Departure Times: 07:30 AM
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Snacks - We will offer water, sodas and snacks
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Seven Magic Mountains
- Entry/Admission - Nelson Ghost Town
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Entry/Admission - Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum
Does not include:
- Gratuity is not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Entry/Admission - Lake Mead National Recreational Area
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it's canceled due to poor weather, you'll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it's canceled because the minimum isn't met, you'll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Remember, don't forget to bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, comfortable clothes and Hiking shoes or tennis shoes.