3 Hr Guided Off-Road Adventure to Secret Petroglyphs, Wild Horses and Old Saloon
You've been looking for an adventure, and look who just stumbled across this one—interested in the rich history of a region with more than 30,000 years of culture? How about climbing out of your comfort zone to explore someplace new? This is your chance to get lost on a 3 Hour Guided Off-Road Adventure in Eastern California. So what are you waiting for? Put that fear to rest and check it out. You'll be glad you did.
Come with us as we travel deep into the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains, exploring old trails and following up on clues to former inhabitants (including Indians, miners, cowboys, and homesteaders). We'll traverse old mining roads, hike through open meadows and climb over boulders and rocks for a closer look at the Indecipherable Indian petroglyphs. This trip is not recommended for someone who has never driven an off-road vehicle previously. The trails are dirt but well-maintained with gravel, rocks, and sand.
We will spend several hours off-roading in our Jeep Wrangler on this adventure! Wild horses spot us along the way, and if we're lucky, there will be some brave ones hanging out where we stop to take pictures! Don't forget your camera! When we get back, it's time to walk down into the "real" ghost town of Bodie.
Being an off-roader takes a certain personality type, and we appreciate your interest. We do three simple things that help us to ensure a great off-roading experience. We are looking for low-key adventurous people of all ages who are comfortable being away from the masses for an off-roading adventure in Eastern CA.
For more information about our off-road adventures: If you are still serious about an off-roading experience, be sure to check out the "About" page for more detailed information about our knowledge of the California high desert! If you still think we might be a good fit for you, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, and don't hesitate to ask lots of questions.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pioneer Saloon, 310 N Spring St, Goodsprings, NV 89019-1754
Grab lunch at Nevada's longest operating saloon! (since 1913) We go over the vast history of the saloon ranging from exciting topics such as Hollywood tragedies, to haunted conspiracies!
Duration: 1 hour
Pickup & Return:
2855 Avery St, Blue Diamond, NV 89004, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Use or UTV
Does not include:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it's canceled due to poor weather, you'll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it's canceled because the minimum isn't met, you'll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
|Group Discount (max 3 Persons)|
|Available Now until 2/28/2023 View Detailed Schedule|