Lancaster County Hot Air Balloon Ride
You will soar through the sky with the birds in a hot air balloon. You will arrive to help in assembling your balloon with the crew before boarding. Once in the basket of your hot air balloon, Bird in Hand, the next hour will be spent floating in the sky above Lancaster county. The scenic country side and rural towns of Strasburg, Ephrata and New Holland will leave you breathless. Be sure to bring your camera so you can get some amazing photos to share with your friends.
After you land, you will get in a air conditioned van for the ride back to the launch site. Once there, the pilot and crew will join you for light snack and a champagne toast. You will also receive a flight certificate that is perfect for framing, as well as packet of special offers and a lot of memories that will last you a lifetime.
The first hot air balloon launched in 1783 in Versailles, France. Its only passengers were ducks, roosters and sheep. It was tethered to the ground and flew for a whole 8 minutes! It traveled for a total of 2 miles and went 1500 feet in the air before being brought back down. But there was a bit a problem when came time to pick the first men to actually pilot a balloon. King Loius XVI didn’t want to be the one responsible for sending someone on a mission that could very well kill them. He wanted to send condemned criminals, but was talked out of it. Instead he choose a scientist name Jean-Francois Pilatre de Rozier and Francois Laurent d’Arlandes.
Become part of the scenery and take an amazing journey in a hot air balloon over beautiful Lancaster County. The experience begins before the flight! Arrive at the launch site and interact with the crew and help to assemble the balloon. Be sure to bring your camera as all of our crew people are excellent photographers and there will be many opportunities for photos!
Board your hot air balloon in Bird in Hand, and spend an hour taking in the rural sites of Intercourse, New Holland, Strasburg, Ephrata, and the Reading skyline.
Upon landing, you will ride back to the launch site in our comfortable, air conditioned van. After arriving, you'll join the pilot and crew for a traditional champagne toast and a light snack. You will receive a flight certificate suitable for framing along with photos and a packet of special offers.
Pickup & Return:
Across the street from the Bird-In-Hand Family Inn & Restaurant.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: Sunrise: 6am Sunset: 6pm
- Hot air balloon flight
- Glass of champagne at the end of flight
- Light snacks
- Flight certificate
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be at least 6 years old
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years old
- Please dress appropriate to current weather conditions
- Maximum weight of 250 lbs (113 kg) per person is allowed
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- All passenger are required to sign a waiver upon tour check-in
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers