Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
Experience the richest collection of 17th-century shipwreck artifacts in the world while you're in Key West! You'll see slave ship items, gold coins, canons, weapons, and so many other maritime artifacts. You'll hear the stories of various shipwrecks throughout history and get to actually see the artifacts that this team has recovered! This museum aims to exhibit the maritime history of the Caribbean and Florida to spread knowledge to the public.
- The story of Mel Fisher
- Spanish Coins
- Piracy in the New World
- Slave Ship Speaks: The Wreck of the Henrietta Marie
- The Science of Shipwrecks
- The Search for the Atocha: a ship from 1622.
- Approximately how long could a customer plan to spend at Mel Fisher Maritime Museum?
People usually spend about 45 minutes in the museum.
- Is Mel Fisher Maritime Museum handicap accessible?
- For what ages is Mel Fisher Maritime Museum appropriate?
This is great for all ages.
- Is parking available at Mel Fisher Maritime Museum?
Metered parking as well as city and private parking lots are located near the museum.