Full-Day Tour to Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters from Key West
Prepare for the road trip of a lifetime. You'll be with friends you just have not met them yet. You will journey to Key West which is one of the most beautiful places in all of the country. This is an island chain there is filled with many beautiful beaches and many interesting sites. You will journey in a comfortable air-conditioned van with many friendly people who are excited like you are. You travel over 20 bridges on the highway as you look at the ocean on each side. You will hear many interesting stories and facts as you travel as well this will be a journey of a lifetime for you.
You'll also travel along the 7 mile Bridge which is one of the longest bridges in the world this exquisite bridge used to be the longest as well. You will see an engineering marvel as well as the beauty of the country. Finally, you reach Key West, where you will reach aquarium encounters. When you've reached this place it is time for you to embark on your short orientation. You'll be able to get up close and personal with a real-life animal. You'll be able to play with stingrays and view a 200,000-gallon reef aquarium. There are many different species of sharks and a lot of other aquatic animals.
After all of this, you are able to enjoy a made to order lunch and relax and enjoy the sights. This is the perfect adventure for someone looking to get out of the house and meet new people and interact with animals. You don't want to miss this opportunity. You'll be able to eat delicious burgers, pizzas, and sandwiches as well. You'll also be able to experience a refuge featuring beer, alligators, and many other animals.
It's not an ordinary sightseeing tour; it's an extraordinary road trip among friends who just haven't met yet. Your trip will start as your guide picks you up at your specified location in Key West between 8:30am and 9am to depart Key West at 9:00am. In the comfortable 15-passenger, air-conditioned van, you'll travel over 20+ bridges on the Overseas Highway. Your driver is your friendly local tour guide that entertains you with interesting stories and fun facts with a headset microphone set to a comfortable audio level. Questions and comments are encouraged, and will ask everyone to point out wildlife and interesting sightings along the way. Bottled water, can sodas, and snacks are also provided en route.
You'll revel in the magnitude of the original Seven Mile bridge as you traverse the modern 7-mile replacement. Once the longest bridge in the world and the 8th Wonder of the World, the original is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
At Aquarium Encounters, it's time to embark on a short orientation and sign in for your optional encounters. Pet the stingrays, view the 200,000 gallon reef aquarium, get up close to four different species of sharks and a giant grouper, visit with the resident iguanas and tortoises, feed local tarpon ($3 cash) that have made their home here at the aquarium. Ask questions from professional marine biologists, check out the reef fish, starfish, horseshoe crabs, octopuses, and baby rays. Enjoy your free time to roam around and visit with the local marine life.
Enjoy an included made-to-order picnic lunch at Bahia Honda State Park and walk out on the Old Bahia Honda Bridge for spectacular views of the Florida Keys and Bahia Honda's world-famous beaches. The Included lunch options include sandwiches, burgers, and pizza.
Experience the National Key Deer Refuge, where you might get lucky and see an alligator, a turtle, or an elusive bird species in their natural habitat at the Blue Hole. As you explore the wildlife refuge, keep a vigilant lookout for the endangered Key Deer, miniature deer that live only on Big Pine Key.
Stop at the legendary Bat Tower, built in 1929 for mosquito control and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Bat Tower stands tall as the only one in the world still in existence.
Arrive back in Key West around 4:00 pm, in time for happy hour and sunset festivities at the proverbial 'end of the road'.
Pickup & Return:
Pick-up at your Key West accommodation:
- Hotel - Lobby
- Rental House - Front door or front gate
- Condo - Front door or front gate
Returns to original departure point
Departure Times: Depart Key West on Thursdays by 9am. Pick-up will be between 8:30 and 9am.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Local driver/professional tour guide
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- We are not responsible for any scheduled activities or departures following our tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, we do not provide gluten-free lunch options
- Short walks on uneven surfaces - wear your walking shoes
- We require 48-hour advance notice and lower passenger maximum to provide ADA compliant vehicle with wheelchair lift. Lower passenger maximums will apply, as seats are limited.
- No strollers, no collapsible wheelchairs
- If you chose the Keys Tour +Swim in Aquarium or Keys Tour +Stingray Encounter, bring your swimsuit. Towels will be provided.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Maximum of 13 people per booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled by operator due to severe weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund