Dolphin Research Center and Florida Keys Tour
Take the family on an exciting and fun seven hour learning excursion to the Dolphin Research Center and Florida Keys Tour. The highlight of this trip is not only the dolphins but the other wildlife that lives in the Florida Keys. Wholesome family memories will be made on this once and a lifetime trip.
Guests will meet their tour guide 30 to 60 minutes before the tour is to start. At that time guests can board a comfortable air conditioned van that seat 13 passengers. The driver will provide the commentary for the seven hour tour, and the first stop will be the Dolphin Research Center. This facility cares for dolphins that can not survive on their own in the wild. It is here that guests will get a thorough and interesting education in how the dolphins are cared for and what type of food that they eat.
Once the tourists leave the facility, it is time to head to Bahia Honda State Park. It is here that lunch is provided. Guests can choose between pizza, burgers, and sandwiches. There are also some beautiful views of the beaches and bridges to see. Do not forget the camera. After lunch is over, the tour starts back up with a visit to the National Key Deer Refuge. This is where endangered species of deer are kept. Other wildlife such as birds, alligators, and turtles can be seen here as well.
Once the tour is over, guest will be taken back to the pickup area. Because this tour is popular, it is highly recommended to book as soon as possible. Come and enjoy an encounter with the wildlife.
Depart from Key West at 9am in a comfortable, air-conditioned, 15-passenger van. Travel over 20+ bridges on the Overseas Highway. Your driver is a local guide who will entertain you with stories and facts with a headset microphone to make sure you can hear. Feel free to ask questions and point out wildlife or sights along the way. Bottled water, sodas, and snacks are provided en route.
View the original Seven Mile Bridge as you travel over the modern 7-mile replacement. Once it was the longest bridge in the world, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Next, visit the the Dolphin Research Center, which houses and cares for dolphins that can't survive in the wild. Enjoy an orientation of this working research facility. Watch a feeding, attend a short informational live seminar, or relax in the shade and watch the dolphins swim around.
Enjoy a lunch at Bahia Honda State Park, with your choice of sandwiches, burgers, or pizza, and walk out on the Old Bahia Honda Bridge for spectacular views of the Florida Keys and Bahia Honda's world-famous beaches.
Stop by the National Key Deer Refuge, where you might get lucky and see wildlife in their natural habitat at the Blue Hole. As we explore the wildlife refuge, we keep a vigilant lookout for the endangered Key Deer, miniature deer that live only on Big Pine Key.
See the legendary Bat Tower, built in 1929 for mosquito control and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It stands tall as the only one in the world still in existence.
You will arrive back in Key West around 4:30pm.
Pickup & Return:
Your Key West accommodation
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 9am
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary on board
Does not include:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- No collapsible wheelchairs or strollers can be accommodated
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 13 people per booking
- If Dolphin Research Center cancels due to hazardous weather, tour will visit the Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters instead
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required; 48-hours notice is required to provide a wheelchair accessible vehicle