Paddle Kauai Jungle Streams
The Paddle Kauai Jungle Stream Tour is a fun way to go to the interior fo the island and see something that a lot of people miss because they like to be on the beach. Someone who is planning to come on this tour should remember that they can get the paddleboard lesson for the whole family before you start to move inward on the island.
The island streams that you are taking on this tour are slow and mellow. You can paddleboard comfortably, and you will find that you can have much more fun with the tour group because they all like to slowly move through the island. You can take pictures as much as you like, and you will find that the paddleboard tours makes your vacation much more exciting.
You get to spend a few hours with the same tour group, and you must ask the tour group is they all want to paddle back out to the ocean. You should see if there is a way to learn the paddleboard even if you have never done this before. You get to learn something new and have fun with people you love.
You should get tickets for the tour before coming to Hawaii, and you might even want to do this tour more than once because you are staying on Kauai.
The Kauai tour takes you into the island, shows you how beautiful these forests are because you see more wildlife, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the company.
Paddle deep into the heart of the island on this kayaking Kauai adventure, all the way to the shadow of Mt Wai'ale'ale. After an easy paddle upstream, you'll tie your kayaks to a tree and take a somewhat rugged and very beautiful 1 mile (1.6km) hike to a dramatic 100' (30 meter) waterfall. Sit on some big basalt boulders at the bottom of the pool and savor a delicious picnic lunch while enjoying the stunning scenery that surrounds you. Then, hike back down to the ruddered tandem open cockpit kayaks for some more fun paddling!
As you pass through this spectacular and interesting valley by kayak and on foot, your guide will be sharing the mana'o (knowledge) of the island. You'll be filled in on the history of ancient Kauai and how the Ali'i (royalty) and Maka'ainana (common people) lived and played here long ago. You'll learn about the unique and unusual medicinal and food plants that inhabit Kauai's Wailua River Valley, as well as identifying many beautiful ornamental plants, both native and introduced. All this will take place as you get to know each other and have some laughs in this incredible setting.
The return part of this kayaking Kauai tour is downstream, but into the trade winds, giving you a bit of a workout on this leg of the journey. If you don't mind a bit of exercise, this tour will be the one for you! With swimming holes and native exotic botanical wonders, the Wailua truly is a fantasy world of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: 7:45am
Tour times vary and will be advised when you call to reconfirm your tour
- Deluxe two-person kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure. Maximum of 12 passengers per tour
- One guide for approximately every 8 - 12 passengers
- Nature Walk is approximately 1 mile each way
- Kayaking is 60-90 minutes each way
- Lunch and refreshments: Cold spring water and juices, a delicious picnic lunch of a turkey sub sandwiches, pasta salad, and a brownie (menu subject to change without notice)
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera