Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak
Kauai is one of the most beautiful parts of Hawaii, and a welcome tourist destination that attracts thousands of new visitors every year. What makes the area so highly sought after is the fact that there are so many recrational activities to take part in. Kayaking is one of the more popular water sports these days, and with good reason as it gives you a chance to work out the upper body and then see the beautiful sights of the rapids as well. Visiting Kauai is a great destination for avid Kayakers or just someone who is looking to get into the sport on their Hawaiian vacation.
The Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak is a full day tour that will take guests through the Na Pali Coast, which is known for its abundant waters and beautiful nature that gives the area a true tropical feeling like no other. The Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak will start the day by giving guests a full safety tour, and a light training on how to Kayak whether you have already done it or this is a one of a kind experience like no other. After taking the safety briefing tourists will begin their voyage on the Na Pali Coast, where the waters are very calming and this is the ideal place to go Kayak at. You'll be greeted by very beautiful scenery, and a one of a kind experience that only Kauai will give you. Between the beautiful water and the scenic beaches the Sea Kayak experience will bring you closer to nature and give you a real chance to Kayak in a beautiful setting. The Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak is a one of a kind experience worth trying out at least once.
This tour takes place on one of the most beautiful and remote shorelines in the world. The tour begins in Poipu, where you ride together in a 15 passenger van to the launch site in Haena. After paddling for about an hour, you'll come upon the famed sea caves of Na Pali, entering if sea conditions permit. You'll raft up your kayaks for a mid-morning juice and snacks break!
You'll paddle a total of 11 miles (17km) in the morning, reaching Milolii, your first landing. Here, you'll enjoy lunch and explore the site of an ancient Hawaiian fishing community. Typically, you'll arrive at Milolii between 1 and 2 pm, so the morning is long! After lunch, you have a 4 mile (6.5km) paddle in usually calm waters to Polihale, where the van will be waiting for you. When you return to the Poipu store, you'll have circumnavigated the entire island!
A Friendly Reality Check: this is a very long, somewhat strenuous paddle in typically heavy seas. Don't sign up unless you are up for a good workout and maybe a challenge. While this tour is best enjoyed by people who are physically fit and have some basic paddling experience, you may join us as a first time kayaker if you consider yourself to be athletically inclined and quick to learn new sports. Of course, this trip is not for non-swimmers.
Warning: If you are prone to severe seasickness this trip is not for you.
This tour is seasonal and operates only from May through to September
Pickup & Return:
Outfitters Kauai in Poipu Plaza
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:00pm.
Departure Times: 6:00am
- Deluxe two-person kayak, open-cockpit rudder sea kayak
- Dry bag/day pack
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Local taxes
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Equipment used is tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest, and dry bag as well.
- One guide for approximately every 4 - 6 passengers
- Lunch and refreshments are provided and include spring water, juice, snack bars, deli sandwiches and sodas. Vegetarian available on request.
- There's lots of room in the kayak, so feel free to bring along additional drinks and snacks - no alcoholic beverages, please.
- Sea sickness can be a consideration on this tour. It is recommended that all participants take an over-the-counter anti-motion sickness medication such as Bonine or a similar medication that does not cause drowsiness, taken at bedtime the night before and on the morning of the tour.
- Items to bring: Aqua socks or Teva-type sandals, swimwear, light shorts, T-shirt, billed hat or visor, H2O proof sunblock, raincoat or windbreaker, sunglasses, towel, H2Oproof camera (any of these items are available for purchase). Mask, snorkel, and fins are optional
- Minimum age is 16 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers