Juneau Whale-Watching Shore Excursion
For everyone that is reading this article and interested on booking a trip to go on the whale watching cruise here are some things to keep in mind in order to have a great experience. While preparing to go to the cruise make sure to plan ahead so you can be on time. Please make sure that before you go, see to it that you have everything that you need packed and ready to go. What I am referring to when I say that is, make sure that you plan a schedule to go to your scheduled medical appointments or any other events and get them over with in which ever order you see fit. In order to make sure that you make it on time and to not miss your start time. Whenever you arrive at the designated area in which the brunch will take place, if you’re driving or riding a bike, make sure that you give yourself enough time to find a spot to park. While the event starts and you and the company that you bought along with you start to board the ship, make sure that while doing so, you watch your step. And make sure to be friendly to the tourists and greeting staff. This trip includes bottled water with a snack, a seafood combo meal and a tourist to guide you through this fun adventure while you greet and getting to know different people, and enjoy the sights. I'd advise you to keep in mind other people's personal space and avoid being disrespectful, enjoy people's company, nice views and take pictures. I hope this helps, have fun.
When your ship pulls into port, make your way to the Mt Roberts Tramway parking lot, where you'll board a coach bus that takes you on a 20-minute scenic journey to Auke Bay Harbor. Your driver provides engaging commentary of the sights en route. Weather permitting, glimpse the impressive Mendenhall Glacier from the heated comfort of your bus.
Upon arrival at the harbor, meet your crew and climb aboard your jet boat or catamaran with large viewing decks. Stand outside or admire unrestricted views from inside the warm cabin as you voyage into the Inside Passage, a coastal route filled with fjords and glaciers.
Speed toward locations known for sighting of orcas and humpbacks. Once a whale is spotted, your captain slows down the boat and shuts off the engine.
From May to September, keep your eyes peeled for pods of whales, including calves that swim alongside their mothers. Observe them rolling along the water, and don't be surprised if they even travel close to your drifting boat.
Snap photos and record video of wildlife as you cruise past rocky outcrops covered with sea lions, harbor seals and otters busy at work and play. After about two hours on the water, head to Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab for fresh crab.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Juneau port for your ship's departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Pickup & Return:
Mt Roberts Tramway, downtown Juneau (a 5-minute walk from the cruise terminal).
Concludes at the restaurant in downtown Juneau.
- All transfers between Port to Boat Harbor and return.
- Informative Professional Driver Guide during transfers.
- Naturalist on Whale Tour.
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat.
- Crab Combo Meal at Juneau's Original Tracy's Crab Shack - 1 King Crab Leg; Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque
Does not include:
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks at Tracy's are not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour time is a check-in time, departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Ship Name
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Must be able to take 3 steps intoout of bus.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - dress in layers and the likely chance of rain.