Check-in with our dock representative in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway to board the tour bus for a 45 minute Juneau City Tour with one of our informative and delightful driver guides. river has stories to tell, sights to show, such as the Red Dog Saloon, our dome-less Capitol Building as well as a stop for great views from Douglas Island looking across the Gastineau Channel.
Continue to the jewel of our town - the Mendenhall Glacier. At the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center (admission is included) you can watch the short film and possibly feel glacier ice. Or make your way to the Steep Creek trail there may be fish spawning and for some visitors, a possible sighting of bear cubs being fed by mama bear (wildlife is not guaranteed). Photo Point Trail has picturesque views of the glacier (20 min. round trip trail).
Your driver usually allows an hour and will let you know when and where you'll meet for your ride back to port.
You have the option to stay longer at the glacier, just let the driver know. If you choose to stay longer - take our White Glacier Shuttle back to town. It leaves at the top and bottom of the hour, every 30 minutes. The last shuttle back to town varies - check with the driver to confirm on the day of the tour. Please be aware of your all aboard time - it takes approximately 30 minutes to return to town from the glacier.
Otherwise, after exploring the glacier, meet with driver at the designated time to return to the downtown.
Once you're back in town, enjoy your meal at Tracy's King Crab. The combo meal includes a meaty King Crab leg, yummy crab cakes, and their oh-so-delicious bisque! Beer and wine are available for purchase.
Pickup & Return:
- The meeting place is in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Tour Option - return to the Mt. Roberts Tramway with the driver after visiting the Mendenhall Glacier at an appointed time. Your driver will inform you of the details.
- OR Hike the Glacier Trails and enjoy the flexibility by taking the half-hourly shuttle from the "Bear Stop". Your driver can inform you of the details.
- Please be aware of your all aboard time, it is a 30 minute ride back to town.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- 45 minute Juneau City Tour, then a scenic drive to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Park, ending the day with King Crab.
- Wind your way through Juneau's historic Downtown; view of the State Capitol Building and Governor's Mansion
- Enjoy a scenic drive to Douglas Island for a photo stop, then on to the Mendenhall Glacier.
- Spend about an hour at the Visitor Park and return with your driver to town at the appointed time.
- OR have some flexibility and take the half-hourly shuttle back to town at your leisure after hiking one or more trails.
- Head towards Tracy's for that delicious King Crab Meal - 1 King Crab Leg; Crab Cakes and oh-so-delicious Crab Bisque.
Does not include:
- Beverages are not included.
- Gratuities (greatly appreciated!)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adults. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the ship name.
- Tour time is a check-in time; departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway. All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a "Downtown" shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the name of their ship.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately in layers and for the likely chance of rain. It is recommended that you wear warm layered clothing, a waterproof jacket and comfortable slip-proof shoes.