Hot Springs, AR Bathhouses & Spas
Known as America's first resort and President Clinton's boyhood home, Hot Springs, Arkansas has just what you desire. For a vacation of pampering or for that vacation from your vacation, Hot Springs sets the pace with a wide variety of spas and bathhouses. Here you can lose your worries and yourself in 'The Great Bathing Experience.'
For centuries, Native Americans revered the Valley of the Vapors as a place of neutrality where all tribes could bathe in peace. Since 1828, visitors have flocked here to bathe in the therapeutic waters. Today, the city has beautifully restored its historic downtown and boasts the Hot Springs National Park.
Your Great Bathing Experience in the world-famous hot mineral baths is a memorable and pleasurable treat. As you enter the bathhouse or spa, you lock your valuables in an individual security box. A personal attendant (of the same gender) escorts you to the dressing rooms and assists you into a cotton 'toga-style' bathing wrap. To prepare your body for the 100 degree bath, you drink a cup of hot, non-sulfuric, mineral water. Next you slip into your choice of a 'sitz' bath or a steam cabinet. Throughout your 20 minute bath, your attendant monitors your progress and condition. You complete the process with hot packs and a needle shower. In most spas, you have the option to continue your experience with a variety of massages and salon services. You leave the spa or bathhouse looking and feeling fresh.
You can choose from a wide selection of bathing and spa facilities on Bathhouse Row and in and around town. You could even stay at some of the hotel/spas for the best experience.
- At the Velda Rose Resort Hotel and Spa, prepare to be pampered. Located in the middle of the Historic District, it is the ideal place to stay if your main goal is to enjoy the spas. You can choose from a wide array of services, including relaxing in an individual whirlpool soaking tub, taking a sauna, enjoying a 30-minute or 1-hour massage, or treating yourself to a mud mask, body wrap, manicure, or pedicure.
- At the Andrea Rose Rejuvenation Center, Andrea Rose offers you beautiful and healthy skin through Facials, Youth Light, Dermabrasion, Body Treatments, Massages, Hand and Feet Treatments, Shiro Dhara; Reiki; Steam Cabinet; and a whole lot more. A charming place to learn, to grow, and to balance.
- The Arlington Resort Hotel Spa is another of many hotels offering full-service spa treatments. Staffed with skilled attendants and massage therapists you will be pampered with thermal whirlpool baths, hot packs, and massages to relax your body and mind.
- The Austin Hotel Bathhouse lets you leave your tensions behind as you bathe in their luxurious facilities. This bathhouse is conveniently located in the Historic District and adjacent to the Hot Springs Civic and Convention Center.
- Since 1912, the Buckstaff Bathhouse Company has been continuously operational providing traditional thermal bathing facilities on Historic Bath House Row. Come lose your worries in their mineral baths, hot packs, sitz baths, steam cabinets, and Swedish Massages.
- If your entire family needs to unwind, Hot Springs Massage offers co-ed and family thermal baths, water pools, waterfall and bubble pools, along with steam and sauna rooms, and massages. Children under 12 are half price.
- At the full-service, European-style Majestic Hotel Spa you can choose from a wide variety of therapeutic massage, hydro-therapy and other bodywork and body care services. Get swept away with traditional Swedish massage, aromatherapy, whirlpool mineral water baths, Austrian moor spa therapy, facials, manicures, pedicures, and more.
- Located on beautiful Lake Ouachita at Mountain Harbor Resort, the Turtle Cove Spa helps you regain balance in your life. Indulge your senses and relax in the beautiful surroundings of the Ouachita National Forest. Choose from Massage Therapy, Romantic Couples Massage, Spa Facials, indulgent Body Treatments, and Spa Pedicures and Manicures.
Whether you are there for fun and adventure in the scenic Ouachita Mountains or 'souly' for the spas, Hot Springs has spas and bathhouses to accommodate your tastes.