Hot Springs Walking Tours
Hot Springs, AR is one of the most beautiful cities in the Ozarks and you can explore this amazing city on a walking tour. Experience the awesome sightseeing opportunities and fun by embarking upon one of the Hot Springs Walking Tours offered in the area. These tours are great for all ages, so bring the entire family along!
On this tour, guests will explore the downtown area of Hot Springs, AR with a fun and knowledgeable guide. There are so many historic landmarks, shops, restaurants, and more to see. You will truly get to know the city in a brand new way, and you will leave feeling like a local!
Your walking tour begins at the Hot Springs Bathhouse Dinner Theatre where you will meet up with your expert guide. Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and don't forget your camera! Some of the awesome sights you will see and people you will learn about along the way include:
- Bathhouses - Quapaw, Ozark, Buckstaff, Lamar, Fordyce, Maurice, Hale, & Superior.
- Thermal Waters - There are many natural springs that you will see throughout the town.
- Baseball Famous Stars - in 1886, the now Chicago Cubs were brought to Hot Springs for spring training. Over time, more fields were built and over 250 players from different teams came each year to train in the beautiful mountains.
- Gang members - From the late 1800s through the mid-1900s, the most famous gangsters in the country came to Hot Springs and stayed in its hotels.
- Gambling - There was a lot of illegal gambling in the town during the late 1800s and early 1900s. People would gamble in the streets, in hotel rooms, and anywhere that they could find.
- Entertainers - Billy Bob Thorton, Alad Ladd, and Bobby Jones are just a few notable figures from this town.
Hot Springs, AR truly has its own culture and atmosphere. Do not miss out on an awesome opportunity to embark upon one of the Hot Springs Walking Tours from the Hot Springs Bathhouse Dinner Theatre while on your stay!
- What is included in the admission price?
Includes a guided tour of downtown Hot Springs, Ar.
- Approximately how long does the Hot Springs Walking Tours last?
This tour is approximately 2 hours long.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Appropriate for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Hot Springs Walking Tours ?
Both photography and video cameras are permitted.
- Where does the tour meet?
Guests meet at the Hot Springs Bathhouse Dinner Theater.