Washington Dc in One Day: Guided Sightseeing Tour
The guided tour of Washington DC that lets you see it all in one day is a massive change over some of the tours that might only take you through small parts of the city. You must set aside a full day for this tour so that you can see everything from the National Cathedral to the Capitol Building and so much more. Washington is not that large, but it is large enough to be hard to tour.
The tour guide leads you around the city in a systematic way so that you can see each part of the city. You must use this tour as a way of getting all your sightseeing out of the way. You have more time to deplore the city if you have taken this tour on your first day, and the tour guide often shows you things you might like to explore later on your trip.
The tour guide ends this tour with suggestions of what to do in the capitol when the tour ends, and they let you know the places that they like most. This is a great combination tour because it shows you all the best parts of town while also letting you in on its little secrets.
You must see if you can get the tickets for this tour online before coming to the city. You need to be certain that the group can all be together, and you spend less money this way.
See all of Washington in one day when taking this tour so you can explore for the rest of your trip.
At the US Navy Memorial, step aboard your luxury coach for a narrated 6-hour tour of Washington DC, during which you'll see a variety of monuments, memorials and state buildings, and make plenty of stops for photo opportunities.
From your coach, see the White House, the many Smithsonian museums, the National Mall, Freedom Plaza and much more, and enjoy entertaining and informative commentary from your guide about the sights you see.
Hop off your coach for guided walks around the US Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima) and the Korean War Veterans Memorial. You'll learn all about the history of these famous landmarks as you explore them up close, and your guide will answer any questions you have.
During your tour, you'll have time for a meal. In the spring and summer months (March 15 - October 6), take in the fresh air on a scenic 1-hour cruise on the Potomac River and see Teddy Roosevelt Island, Netherlands Carillon, the Lee Mansion and the Potomac River, with lunch (available for purchase - not included in price of tour) on board. In the colder months (October 7 - March 14), stay warm inside an indoor courtyard and enjoy lunch (on own) surrounded by history.
Your Washington DC tour ends back at the US Navy Memorial.
Pickup & Return:
US Navy Memorial.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm.
Departure Times: 10am
- Transport by state-of-the-art luxury coach
- Professional guide
- On-board narration
- 1-hr River cruise, seasonal (operates March 15 - October 6)
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch (approximately $11USD)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small carry-on bags are allowed, however it is recommended that you ravel lightly. Due to security concerns, the tour operator reserves the right to search any bags or purses you bring on board. Many of the attractions in Washington DC are equipped with metal detectors at the entrances. Traveling without bags or purses is recommended.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to time restrictions, you cannot go inside any of the monuments, however you can spend about 15-20 minutes at each stop to enjoy up-close views
- On the river cruise, sandwiches are available for purchase.