Washington Dc Cherry Blossom Segway Tour
Meet your guide in Foggy Bottom, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel safe and at ease, follow your guide through the city's leafy streets while hearing about the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
A long-standing city tradition, the festival is held in March each year to celebrate the occasion when Japanese cherry trees were gifted to the city from Japan. Symbolizing the friendship between the two nations as well as the start of spring, the festival showcases some 3,000 blossoms spread around the city.
Glide around the edge of Tidal Basin, stopping to admire the pretty pink blossoms against the reservoir, and head past the National Mall and Washington Monument, the obelisk that commemorates the first American president. Weave through the crowds to see more of the city's poignant monuments such as the Martin Luther King Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial, and stop for photos against a backdrop of leafy pink trees.
After three hours of scouting out the city's most impressive cherry blossom trees, return to the start point where your tour finishes.
Pickup & Return:
502 23rd Street NW.
Returns to original departure point.
Departure Times: 10am
You can present either a paper or an electronic ticket for this activity.
- Training session
- Use of Segway and helmet
Does not include:
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: On this tour, the weather, the crowds, and the blooming of the Cherry Blossoms cannot be controlled. Tours are scheduled during the National Cherry Blossom Festival and there will likely be many visitors in the areas near the Blossoms. The tour does its best to avoid the largest crowds and will venture off the Segways in certain areas to get up-close and personal
- Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
- Tours run rain or shine
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- The Segway is not appropriate for those weighing under 100lbs (45kg) or over 250lbs (113kg)
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride
- A liability waiver must be signed (those under 18 must have an adult sign for them)
- Changes in tour route may be necessary due to construction and security issues
- Participants must be at least 16 to participate.
- Each party must also complete a damage waiver that includes a pre-authorization of $500 on a credit card. This pre-authorization is immediately cancelled at the end of the tour and will not even appear on the statement
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Segway tips: wear comfortable shoes; while you're not walking, you are on your feet for three hours! Don't bring too many belongings with you. The Segways are equipped with very small bags for cameras and small purses. You may wish to wear sunscreen on sunny days, and bring rain gear and/or warm clothing for bad weather days
- A small amount of walking is involved