On this journey, you will be able to go into the main reading room of the Library of Congress. You will be able to explore the library of Thomas Jefferson as well. There are so many things for you to see and you will even get to see the statue of freedom.
If you are looking for the ultimate adventure then look no further as this is going to be magical for you. You will be able to experience history and culture.
Meet for this 2.5-hour tour at SE Capitol South Metro Station a little before your departure time. There are two departure times offered for this tour.
Explore the City Upon a Hill with a knowledgeable guide who will show you Capitol Hill, the place where it all happens in the United States. Learn about the main buildings including the Capitol and the Supreme Court. Visit the magnificent exteriors while popping inside the Main Reading Room of the Library of Congress, as well exploring Thomas Jefferson's library and inspecting a real Gutenberg Bible. The tour may include a visit to a courtroom and tickets may be available for a tour of the Capitol's interior.
Other main highlights generally include the exterior of the Capitol and the Supreme Court, as well as the Museum of the Supreme Court and the Statue of Freedom.
Your tour ends two and a half hours after if begins.
Pickup & Return:
SE Capitol South Metro Station.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Professional and local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 3 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 10 people per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some can't be visited from the inside.