Small Group Tour of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
There is so much to see at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. It's the size of 18 football fields. This fully guided tour ensures that visitors don't miss any of the highlights. The tour is led by a friendly, informative, guide who has plenty of knowledge about the exhibits at the museum.
Visitors will see exhibits such as, the 46 carat Hope Diamond that was once owned by Marie Antoinette, also see the Dom Pedro aquamarine, which has the distinction of being the largest gem of its type. Guests will be dazzled by the brilliance of the many gems and minerals on display, but the fun doesn't stop there. Visitors will feel as if they have stepped back in time as they learn about death rituals, while exploring actual mummies. See a replica of an actual whale that is being tracked. Learn about polar bears, elephants, and more, as guests explore the wild. This is just the beginning of the attractions on display at the museum, 126.5 million artifacts are located in the museum.
The many attractions, ensures that there is something to interest anyone who visits. This small group tour lasts for 2-2.5 hours. It's fun and informative for all ages. The small size of the tour makes it easy for participants to ask questions and receive answers from the guide.
The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History is filled with amazing items, and is a must see stop on any trip to Washington DC.
Your guide will take you to visit the highlights of the collection, housed in a massive building that covers the area of 18 football fields. Gaze into the world-famous Hope Diamond, whose brilliant blue sparkle, and immodest size at 46 karats, captured the attention of former owner Marie Antoinette. Wander through the displays of gems and minerals, including the Dom Pedro Aquamarine, the world's largest gem of its type, which glows brilliantly from within. Travel back in time to learn about death rituals while exploring real mummies from Ancient Egypt. Then step out of the past into the wild, exploring the mighty polar bears, elephants, and giraffes that roam across earth's surface. From the land, jump into the sea at the Ocean Hall, where you'll discover a live coral reef exhibit as well as a 45-ton whale, Phoenix, which is a replica of a real living what that the museum tracks. By the end, you'll understand why so many people come to visit the 126.5 million artefacts housed at the National Museum of Natural History.
Pickup & Return:
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.
Returns to original departure point.
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
Does not include:
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable clothing and shoes recommended
- Natural History Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour.
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security.
- Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access.
- Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies.
- Some collections may vary along the year
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required