Sites by Segway In Washington Dc
Check out the historical Washington D.C. area, National Mall, during the evening, when it's all aglow with lights with a 2.5-hour sightseeing guided tour riding on a Segway, you'll see all the most famous landmarks and statues and have complimentary, free, bottled water and a little snack to enjoy during your ride, accompanied by an accommodating guide in either the early morning, afternoon or (as mentioned) the evening hours.
Make sure to wear a light sweater (if needed) and appropriate shoes (no sandals think about your comfort). Safety and sense of ease is of a top priority, that's why there is a time set up for training all participates. Please, be aware there is a minimum age of 16 years old and weight restrictions between 100 to 260 pounds (again, it's all about your safety).
- The 1885 Smithsonian Castle – now, the location of the helpful Visitor's Center
- The Smithsonian Museums - there are 11 incredible of them on the National Mall, constructed at different time periods, dating back to 1858
- The Capitol Building - spreading over 16 areas, with numerous expansions over the last 200 year
- Pennsylvania Avenue - home to many important sites, most notability, the U.S President and family
- Washington Monument – a pyramid memorial dedicated to the 1st President of the U.S. open to visitors since the late 1880's
- Along with a variety of other incredible Memorials
Location and Time
Bring your ticket (paper or a saved image) and begin the fun. Don't be late or feel rushed around, plan to arrive 15 minutes early!
- L'Enfant Plaza at the National Mall
- 2.5 hour Segway Ride (includes ½ hour orientation)
- Quiet Morning - 9:30 a.m.
- Lovely Afternoon - 1:30 p.m.
- Spectacular Sunset – 6:00 p.m.
If you've been on a Segway or this is your first time, either way there is a safety class to ensure everyone in your group tour has the best experience possible. All the tour guides are trained and knowledgeable about all the sites along the phenomenal National Mall in Washington D.C. and happy to answer all of your questions. Bring your camera, sip on some the free provided water and eat a little snack and by all means have a terrific time during your morning, afternoon or evening hour tour!
On this tour you will learn about the Smithsonian Institution, enjoy a ride down Pennsylvania Avenue and visit some of DC's most iconic Monuments and Memorials. Great for your first day in the city or if you have limited time to explore. Riders will be safely trained to operate the Segway prior to departing on tour. Must be 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
On this tour, you'll see:
- Smithsonian Castle
- Smithsonian Museums (Hirshorn Museum, Air & Space Museum, Native American Museum, National Gallery of Art)
- Capitol Building
- Pennsylvania Avenue (Canadian Embassy, Newseum, National Archives, FBI Building)
- Washington Monument
- WWII Memorial
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Korean War Veterans Memorial
Pickup & Return:
- National Mall location at L'Enfant Plaza.
- Departure Times: You must reconfirm your exact departure time with the local operator after making your booking.
- Small-group tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
Does not include:
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Age: Minimum 16
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking