Tastes of H Street Walking Tour With Craft Beer Tasting
The tastes of H street tour gives you the missing information about how the most notorious places in Washington came to be and where they use to reside. This tour is all about learning the history of some of the greatest places ever built.
I love hearing about the major sites in Washington such as the memorials and the capital building but now I get to know the foundation and the history of the men who actually built these great places. The tour will start with a foodie tour on H street which is the neighborhood where the builders lived.
After everyone has been introduced at our tour starting point by our tour guide we'll have a delicious treat from the neighborhood grocery store and also get to sample a delicious special drink that has become very popular over the years and helped profits skyrocket in the area. We will then loop around H street and visit some local restaurants and enjoy some savory food.
This area is known for their local food which is freshly baked bread daily, famous sweet treats, from the bakery and then we'll try their freshly baked pizza I really couldn't ask for more from this tour, it's certainly something I'm looking forward to.
What I like the most about the Sample tastes of H street tour is that it's fun and inviting to the entire family everyone will leave and go home feeling satisfied and happy and there will be plenty of stories to share with family and friends.
You've seen the major sites in Washington DC — the Capitol Building, the Smithsonian Museums and the thought-provoking memorials — but did you ever wonder about the people who built this great city? Join us on a foodie tour of H Street, the neighborhood that housed the builders and artisans who built the city and made it come to life.
After introducing ourselves at the meeting point, we'll kick off the tour with a delicious snack from a local grocery store and a sip of a very special drink that has helped the beverage industry in DC skyrocket in recent years.
We will continue to make a loop around the H Street Corridor, visiting restaurants, markets, churches and historic sites. Our foodie stops will vary depending on what is available that day but we can promise a culinary rollercoaster ride that may include freshly baked local bread, popular sweet treats from an outstanding local bakery (like mom used to make!) and a slice of the capital's best pizza.
Along the way, you'll hear some amazing stories about the people who used to live and work in this district, learn how food has played a big part in bringing the community together and taste for yourself why DC's food scene is enjoying a much-deserved resurgence.
After we have filled you up with some of the best food in the city, don't forget to ask your local guide for more hints and tips on how to get the most from your stay in Washington DC.
Pickup & Return:
Corner of 3rd St and H St NE.
Departure Times: 10.00 AM
- Local English-speaking guide
- food and drink samples
- craft beer tasting
- Food and drink options may vary on each tour, depending on what is in season and what is available.
Does not include:
- Additional food and drinks, souvenirs and personal shopping, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you'll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Please dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather, as much of the tour takes place outdoors.
- A maximum of 12 people per tour
- Minimum drinking age is 21