Mount Vernon Day Tour from Washington DC
1-866-267-5732 Chat Now
Escape the hustle and bustle of Washington D.C. for a day and delve into American history with the Mount Vernon Day Tour. Located just a short drive from the nation's capital, Mount Vernon served as the home of George Washington and is now a beautifully preserved estate that transports visitors back in time.
Upon arrival, guests will be greeted by knowledgeable guides who will lead them through the estate's stunning grounds. Explore the mansion, stroll through the lush gardens and admire stunning views of the Potomac River. The tour even includes a visit to the tomb of George and Martha Washington.
Throughout the estate, interactive exhibits bring the history of George Washington to life. Guests can visit the Education Center to learn about the incredible accomplishments of America's first president or observe demonstrations of the estate's many tradespeople, like blacksmiths and bakers.
The Mount Vernon Day Tour typically lasts about 4 hours and involves moderate walking, making it a comfortable, yet educational experience for visitors of all ages.
No trip to Washington D.C. is complete without a visit to Mount Vernon. Learn about one of the greatest figures in American history and get a taste of life during the 18th century. Book your tour today and discover the beauty and history of Mount Vernon.
- What methods of transportation does the Mount Vernon Day Tour from Washington DC use?
- Approximately how long does the Mount Vernon Day Tour from Washington DC last?
It lasts approximately 5 hours.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear comfortable shoes.
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Mount Vernon Day Tour from Washington DC?
- Is the Mount Vernon Day Tour from Washington DC handicap accessible?
- Where does the tour meet?
400 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA