Independent Day Trip to Mt Vernon
You will enjoy a beautiful place in the DC area. You will get to go to Mount Vernon. This is the home of President Washington. You will start at the union station and from there you'll take your journey in an air-conditioned coach up to the mountain. You will get to see how George Washington lived. You will have 500 acres to explore and you will be on the River. This is in the national register of historic places. There are so many beautiful things to see and do that you will have the time of your life here. This is a tour the last almost 5 hours and in those five hours, there will be a lot of things for you to actually do. You will have free time to explore as well.
You will get to see bedchambers and more rooms in Washington's mansion. You will get to admire the gardens and the farms as well as the blacksmith shop and many more other places. You will get to see and learn about Washington's life and how this place shapes the man that would later become a national hero. You'll also even get the chance to pay your respects at the tomb.
It will be a great opportunity for you to truly spend your day learning about the history of the country and learning about one of the greatest leaders in the history of the world. You will see a place that looks like it's another world and you will have the time of your life as well. Spend your day in Washington DC and make it even better by seeing the home of the man who it is named after.
Your tour begins at Washington DC's Union Station, where you'll board your comfortable, air-conditioned coach and travel approximately 15 miles (24 km) to Mount Vernon, the elegant home of the first US president, George Washington.
Enjoy some free time to explore this 500-acre (200-hectare) estate on the banks of the Potomac River that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Tour the beautifully restored formal rooms and bedchambers in Washington's mansion, and wander the grounds to admire the gardens; demonstration farm; and working blacksmith shop, distillery and gristmill. See artifacts, films and exhibits relating to Washington's life and legacy at the Donald W Reynolds Museum and Education Center, and pay your respects at Washington's tomb.
Return to Washington DC and conclude your 4.5-hour trip to Mount Vernon at Union Station.
Pickup & Return:
Tour departs from Gray Line Terminal at Union Station (bus level)
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm.
Departure Times: 11:30am
- All admissions
- Local taxes
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take this coach tour without making any special arrangements
- If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift.