Hop-On Hop-Off Washington Dc Bus Tour
The hop on hop off tour in Washington is a great experience for all of those that go on the tour as it allows every person to have an experience that is unique to them. The tour allows you to go wherever you want in the entire city and see only the things that you want to see. However, what the tour does require is that you have to know where it is that you want to go thus, allowing you to make a plan before the hop on hop off tour so that you don’t waste the whole day just walking around. The tour is a great experience if you know what it is that you want to see in the city, and you know what that is going to cost as the only thing that is included in the hop on hop off tour is the transportation all over the city.
The tour is family friendly and perfect for those are free spirits, and those that just don’t like having to be stuck in a group with a tour guide. The experience that a person has on the tour is personal because everyone on the tour is going to end up going somewhere different and spending their time differently. The cost that you spend on the trip will depend on what it is that you want to do as the tour is actually really reasonable but if you want to do expensive things in the city it can easily add up.
You may begin your tour at any location along the loop. The Washington DC hop-on hop-off loop begins at Union Station, a major transportation hub and home to the Postal Museum and National Japanese American Memorial. You can board the bus at any of the 16 stops, however. Your pass is good for one day after redemption, and the entire loop takes 90 minutes if you stay on the whole time.
As you ride the double-decker bus around town, get a lesson on US history and government from the onboard commentary, and snap pics of Washington's magnificent architecture. Highlights include the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, National Cathedral and the Holocaust Museum. The stops are listed below, along with other nearby attractions for each.
Choose to upgrade to add entry to one attraction. See attractions to choose from below in the itinerary section:
Pickup & Return:
Departure Times: Monuments & Landmarks Loop -
Tour length: Approx. 1.5 hours
Departures: Daily / Every 20 min from 9am to 5pm*
* Please Note: Departure times may vary depending on season
- Madame Tussauds DC — Lifelike wax statues of all 44 presidents!
- International Spy Museum — Spend a few hours immersed in espionage.
- Newseum — Interactive exhibits dedicated to free expression & the first amendment.
- Myths and Misconceptions Walking Tour — Discover the stories behind the most treasured objects in the National Museum of American History.
- $15 at Buca di Beppo — Authentic Italian food served family style.
- National Geographic Museum — Explore the world and all that's in it!
- Bike and Roll Bike Rental — A fun and easy way to see the city and get a bit of exercise.
- Hop-on hop-off Day Pass Monuments & Landmarks Loop
- Onboard commentary
- One Attraction (if upgrade option selected)
Does not include:
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: City restrictions prevent bus stop signs at certain locations
- Buses can accommodate strollers and a limited number of wheelchairs
- Prerecorded tour narration is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean and Russian and Hebrew (not available on the night tour)
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required