Georgetown Foodie Tour and Neighborhood Walk
Eat like a local while learning about Georgetown's history on this Georgetown Foodie Tour and Neighborhood Walk. Georgetown has its own unique culture and history. See things such as the flour mills, the C&O canal, the meatpacking district, and Julia Child's house. This tour is perfect for the foodie or for anyone interested in seeing the sights of Georgetown.
There is more to Georgetown than its main street lined with shopping and other attractions. It is also known for its food. The three-hour tour will cover about one and a half miles in walking. The group will stop about every 20 minutes to enjoy a sampling from one of the many Georgetown eateries. There will be one stop that will include a wine pairing. The guide will also talk about the local culture and architecture that makes Georgetown beautiful. There are a variety of establishments that the tour will visit and they include a deli, an Italian Cafe, and grocery store, International Spice, and Olive Oil, Indian restaurant, and the Dog Tag Bakery, which is a bakery that is operated by veterans and their spouses.
This tour takes the group off the main street of Georgetown to see some history and taste some great food. For those looking for a different view of Georgetown, this will be an enjoyable tour of sights and food. After the tour, feel free to continue all that Georgetown has to offer.
Explore Georgetown, learning about its early iconic years ranging from the town's flour mills, meat packing district, and C&O Canal, to Julia Childs' house as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from local eateries.
Starting at 2:00pm, set off on foot, walking a total of about 1.5 miles (2.5 km) with your guide, at a comfortable pace. You'll stop about every 20 minutes to visit a local eatery. We may stand or sit, depending upon the stop, while indulging in a total of four to five tantalizing food samples and one wine or Spritz pairing.
Between tastings, learn from your guide about Georgetown, its culture and architecture. Afterward, you're free to explore more on your own!
This 'eat like a local' food tour features a local deli, an Indian-owned twenty-year institution, International Spice and Olive Oil, Italian Cafe and Grocery Store, and a highly recognized military-focused American bakery. Specific establishments may vary.
Pickup & Return:
Intersection of 28th and Pennsylvania Ave NW, across the Four Seasons Hotel in a small road island with benches and bikes.
- 2.5 - 3.5 hour walking tour
- Tastings and pairing included (alcoholic/non alcoholic options)
- Professional guide
- 'Future visit offers' from the establishments we visit
- Vegetarian options available
Does not include:
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years; all participants must present a valid photo ID to consume alcohol
- Please specify any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at time of checkout
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required